SATA HARD DRIVE NOT RECOGNIZED IN BIOS OR SET UP

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Boot
  • Hard Drives
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
June 30, 2011 11:08:29 PM

Upon turning my PC on today, I noticed that it is not booting up at all. The T-Series logo comes up (I have a T-Series tp43d2-a7 motherboard) and then the "Hardware Monitor ..." screen comes up and prompts me to "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key.".

If I go into BIOS set-up, it says that no hard-drive is detected as being hooked into any of my SATA slots.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

More about : sata hard drive recognized bios set

a c 111 V Motherboard
June 30, 2011 11:26:01 PM

Check your cables. Make sure that both the SATA power and SATA data cable are securely connected to the HDD. Likewise, if you're using a 4-pin molex adapter to connect the SATA power to the HDD, make sure this connection is snug.

If you're certain that cable connections are secured, try moving the SATA data cable to a different SATA port on the mobo. If still nothing, try different SATA cables. I would even ask a friend if you can hook up your HDD to his/her computer, just to verify that the HDD works.
m
l
July 1, 2011 9:32:23 PM

Also make sure you have the latest RAID drivers downloaded and instaled for your mobo
(Use IDE to check)
m
l
!