XP Professional Administrator Password

mav

Hi All,

I have inherited Windows XP Pro edition, when I bought a PC from my firm. I
thought I would reformat & reinstall Windows, which was all fine. However,
when I installed XP, I didn't set an administrator password. Now every 30
days, it tells me the password needs to be changed.

As I didn't set one, I have to go into user accounts set a password then
delete it.

Is there any way to turn this 30 day password check off, or extend it for
say 6 months?

Thanks very much.
Mav

Mav wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have inherited Windows XP Pro edition, when I bought a PC
> from my firm. I thought I would reformat & reinstall
> Windows, which was all fine. However, when I installed XP, I
> didn't set an administrator password. Now every 30 days, it
> tells me the password needs to be changed.
> As I didn't set one, I have to go into user accounts set a
> password then delete it.
>
> Is there any way to turn this 30 day password check off, or
> extend it for say 6 months?
>
> Thanks very much.
> Mav

In Control Panel, open the Administrative Tools folder and
double click on Local Security Policy.
Expand Account Policies.
Click on Password Policies.
In the right hand pane, right click on "Maximum Password Age"
and change the value to whatever you want. Changing it to 0
will mean that you never have to change the password.

Take a look here for more info:

http://tinyurl.com/bmj1

Nepatsfan

Mav wrote: