Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 vs.GA970A-UD3

Hi,
I`m purchasing a new mobo. Will I see a noticable difference between the two ? I`ve compared both at the Gigabyte website. The only difference that`s listed is the 990 supports dolby. I`ll be installing a new am3+ cpu when they come out. Thanks in advance for any info.
4 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte 990fxa ga970a
  1. Not allot out there about these new AM3+ boards but i can tell you I bought the MSI 990FXA-GD80 and this thing is amazing. I know the boards your talking about are in the same class just different manufacturers so id say YES you will notice a difference. How much is really how far you can push your hardware with out running them into the circular file.
  2. briansklein said:
    Not allot out there about these new AM3+ boards but i can tell you I bought the MSI 990FXA-GD80 and this thing is amazing. I know the boards your talking about are in the same class just different manufacturers so id say YES you will notice a difference. How much is really how far you can push your hardware with out running them into the circular file.

Thanks Very much Brian.
  3. no, they are the same manufacturers. and you should go with the GA-990FXA because it has better features such as:

1) Support for Dolby Home Theater
    2) dual pci-e x16 slots
    3) crossfire and sli support
    4) 2 extra SATA 6GB/s connectors (on a marvell controller)
  4. r3xx3r said:
    no, they are the same manufacturers. and you should go with the GA-990FXA because it has better features such as:

1) Support for Dolby Home Theater
    2) dual pci-e x16 slots
    3) crossfire and sli support
    4) 2 extra SATA 6GB/s connectors (on a marvell controller)

Hi, thanks very much going with the 990-fxa
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Dolby Gigabyte