Sign in with
Your question

Intel g33/g31 express chipset family

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 16, 2010 10:27:18 PM

hey

I just bought farming simulator 09 and i have the intel g33/g31 express chipset family video card i was wondering i keep getting the message that i need a shader model 2.0 in order to play the game when my computer meets all other requirments?
a c 153 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 12:03:21 AM

Becuase when it comes to games the GPU is the most important factor.

Your GPU is just an integrated chip and (even though I couldn't find anything on it) seems like it does not meet the requirments.

You're going to have to buy a dedicated video card with at least shader model 2.0 to play that game.
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 4:52:50 AM

Is it a laptop?
Yes, any integrated gpu are bad for gaming. If you have a laptop then you can't do anything. If you have PC, get a dedicated graphic card, any graphic cards today are supported shader model 2.0.
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 5:19:58 AM

"Important Note: This product requires the Shader Model 2 which is a feature of your Graphics Card. Please make sure that yours is equal to or higher than the cards mentioned in the System requirements below.

System requirements:
Windows XP or Vista
2.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD processor
1 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 6800 Series, ATI Radeon X850 or S3 Chrome 430 GT graphics card (minimum 128 MB VRAM)
Sound card
Download-Size: 220 MB
Installation-Size: 1 GB "

This is taken from the web page of that game. Your computer does not meet the requirements.
m
l
!