Need suggestions for a new psu

AlexKrok

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Hi everyone, my OCZ Gamexstream 700W psu died on me last weekend, after testing my friends psu with my setup and with another vid card, we were able to conclude the psu is done. Unfortunately, my two-year old psu cant be rma'd because OCZ won't accept my rma without my original receip t, which since i've moved I can't locate. I'm frustrated to say the least so I won't be buying another OCZ psu.

Could you guys recommend me a few psu's to consider based on my system?:

Gigabyte 965P-DS3 / Intel E6600
EVGA 8800 GTX 768 MB
2 GIGS ram (forget make)
Thermaltake CPU fan (forget type :))
Armour JR Case

I'm not looking for something thats too pricey, just someting to keep this thing running for another year as it still runs games and everythign i need perfectly, thanks!

Your current system (assuming everything on stock settings) won't need more than 300 watts of power.. As such, a good 450 watt PSU (such as the Corsair VX 450) will be quite adequate.. However, considering the fact that you eventually might want to upgrade on to a more powerful video card in the future along with other system components, i'll recommend getting a good 550 watt PSU.. On that note, my recommendation goes to the Seasonic S12II 520W 80plus Bronze certified PSU..

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

I like to ask if the manufacturer rma rules still applies - I never tried buying this way only to local stores.

The receipt is dated correctly and accepted as a proof of purchase, have currently a RMA going on with Asus on one. When I buy in a store I always scan the receipts and keep a copy on my computer because a year later down the road the ink is vanished of the original.