Sign in with
Your question

Question about screwdrivers/tools

Last response: in Systems
August 21, 2010 12:30:38 AM

I'm in the process of building my computer, do i need to buy computer-specific tools to build the computer? I took out my tool set and it's very dirty/dusty. I have a bad feeling about using these tools to build my computer and was wondering if i needed to buy as eparate kit or just clean the tools very thoroughly. Sometimes I'm paranoid, but I just poured a lot of money into it and don't want to screw up. Thanks
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2010 12:46:11 AM

All you should need is a number two phillips head screw driver, it doesnt matter how dusty or dirty it is, wipe it down with a wet cloth to get most of the crap off it and it will be just fine.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2010 1:39:33 AM

I'd agree with Hunter315. A set of tweezers and a small flashlight might come in handy if you drop a screw, but all you really need is the screwdriver and unless it's covered with oil, grease, or other contaminants, just wipe it off with a clean cloth and get to building!

-Wolf sends
m
l
August 21, 2010 2:24:13 AM

Yep, if you have screwdrivers with a magnetic charge so screws dont go falling all over the place that seems to help me as well.
m
l
!