Sign in with
Your question

Good enough PSU?

Last response: in Components
November 6, 2010 10:00:00 PM

Hi, i just recently ordered a pc, here's the link to it:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=4928

is the PSU wattage too low to handle the quad core that it has? and if i can will i be able to do anything strenuous with it for example, play games? I've seen people play like CoD4 and other graphic intense games and they only have 3-4gb rams and they have a weaker processor than mines and same graphics card, ATI Radeon HD 3200, does this mean i'll be able to play them too? I'm scared that my my 300W PSU won't be able to hold up to the intense power usage when playing games but, i've been told integrated graphics card use less power, my graphics card is integrated.

More about : good psu

a c 164 ) Power supply
a c 235 U Graphics card
November 6, 2010 10:02:46 PM

a 300w PSU is more then enough for your PC

the ATI 3200 chip is best suited for streaming video, MS office, web browsing, and playing flash based games.

i would suggest a dedicated card if you plan to play games.
m
l
November 6, 2010 10:15:51 PM

But then on youtube, i've seen people play graphic intense games with the ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card, here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDtCwpA2lgc&feature=rela...

as you can see, my processor and the processor in the video are similar but, i think mines better but im not too sure about that and i also have more ram then the person so i would think that i could be able to play it.
Thoughts?
m
l
Related resources
a c 164 ) Power supply
a c 235 U Graphics card
November 6, 2010 10:43:51 PM

hes playing at 480p and getting 20FPS. even a PS3 and xbox360 can do better then that and they have 6 year old tech.
m
l
November 6, 2010 10:55:33 PM

So you're saying that i CAN play games?? the games i'm planning on playing are mostly online games because i don't wanna waste money buying games and i like the community better and i might play some CoD4 or L4D here and there, what do you think about it?
m
l
November 6, 2010 11:36:44 PM

sorry - agreed with ct615
m
l
!