Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Hey everybody,
Soon i'll buy a new Gaming Computer ..

these parts are designed to be in:

Core i5 2500K

CoolerMaster V6 CPUCooler

G.Skill 1600MHz - 2x2GB Ripjaws X Edition CL9-9-9-24

PNY GTX570 / GigaByte 560TI (Not yet decided)

Antec True power 650W Trio

NZXT M59 / CoolerMaster CM690II Advanced (Not yet decided)

now i have a suggestion to the motherboard
These MOBO that I can buy:

Asus - P8P67 Pro / P8P67

ASRock - P67 Extreme 4

Gigabyte - GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 / GA-P67A-UD3-B3

MSI - P67A-GD53 / P67A-GD55

What to take?!
I filled forums and no one answered me properly, everyone told me to decide what I think - but I do not know their reliability. One told me to put the MSI and the other told me that MSI is used parts ..

Thanks !!

*Sorry about my ENG*

spark79

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
if it's important to you at all asus definitely has the best uefi bios without a doubt. i personally prefer asus to other brands. their monitors and motherboards always rock. gigabyte i don't know what the hell they're doing with their sandy bridge lineup, they have like 20 boards and it's confusing on what they support and don't and they use a lower version audio codec on like all the boards and they rarely put hdmi on it, etc. i used to buy gigabyte boards but for now i'm not as i don't like all the confusing nonsense. msi is pretty good but has a uefi bios that looks like it was designed by a 4 year old. i don't know much about asrock but that board is pretty nice.

it might help to look on youtube at unboxing videos and reviews. that's been helping me to actually see the boards in motion and stuff cuz they are all probably similar in performance so it comes down to other personal preferences.

don't take my words to heart too much however, keep in mind i am not that experienced or an expert and don't clain to be. since i am in a similar position as you but with different board choices figured i'd put my opinion in see if it helps at all. good luck.

oh and one thing i forgot is asus adds a q-connector that makes it easier to connect the wires from your case like the power/led/usb, etc. which is an awesome little addition cuz i haaaaate messing with those damn wires. i think msi also has one for some boards called an m-connector. just another reason why asus rocks.

liram213

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
to rolli59:
the link you gave me is the comparison of boards of GIGABYTE & ASUS..
but thanks, i will try to read all this information (if i find time lol :D)

to spark79:
Thanks for the information and tips you gave me, I read a little bit more information (rolli59's information might help me) and I will decide. Anyway, I have three days to decide so I'll sit and think, maybe I'll go in detail but I do not think it should be.

thanks !!!

Just referring to the conclusion where the author suggests the Asrock instead of the two boards under review for less money.

chippies

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Asus P8P67 Pro hasn't given me any problems so I'd vote for Asus. As for Gigabyte, my friends have had reliability issues with some of their components so I was advised to stay away from them. Generally speaking, Asus seems to make quality hardware.