Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sapphire radeon toxic 5970 4gb video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 17, 2010 3:50:41 AM

Does anyone know where I can buy this card at?
Or the non toxic one?
I need 2 of the cards, thanks alot!
July 17, 2010 4:02:19 AM

dycegamez said:
Does anyone know where I can buy this card at?
Or the non toxic one?
I need 2 of the cards, thanks alot!


NCIX has it on their website, but it's not in stock (I wouldn't blame them). Anyway, why do you need two of these... exactly? :whistle: 
m
0
l
Related resources
July 17, 2010 4:59:11 AM

dAMN there all back ordered? i was looking on amazon, what ya think on there, never bought from them before?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 5:01:36 AM

dycegamez said:
dAMN there all back ordered? i was looking on amazon, what ya think on there, never bought from them before?


what monitor are you going to use with 2 of these cards?
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 5:04:55 AM

3 47" screens
and working on making a "super computer"
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 5:09:52 AM

dycegamez said:
3 47" screens
and working on making a "super computer"



CHEERS !

I am a bit of a ATI fan but 2x 480GTX would do that @ 1080P
m
0
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 5:14:07 AM

2x GTX480 should come within close range of a single highly OC'd 5970 (4GB). 3x HD5970 4GB would be enough to make his "supercomputer" truly super.
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 5:17:48 AM

ya im guessing there in stock not sure, is amazon good ?

should i get that one or try for the toxic?


UPDATE
and also do you know if its new in box with the codmw2 and dirt games?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 5:28:55 AM

dycegamez said:
ya im guessing there in stock not sure, is amazon good ?

should i get that one or try for the toxic?


UPDATE
and also do you know if its new in box with the codmw2 and dirt games?


if I were you I wouldn't even spend money on this particular GPU, you can get dual 5970's and overclock them by 15% and get more or less the same outcome unless you are running something higher than 1080p.

as far as amazon goes, yes they are good.. I have been buying off of amazon for quite sometime and never had an issue.
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 5:30:50 AM

5970's with 2gbs you mean?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 6:53:07 AM

shadow187 said:
2x GTX480 should come within close range of a single highly OC'd 5970 (4GB). 3x HD5970 4GB would be enough to make his "supercomputer" truly super.


did you read this link

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-ares-radeon-hd...

it shows two 480's spanking a ARES by a really decent margin and that is deffinately a step up from those toxic editions

Im an ATI fan but I feel 2 maybe 3 480's would make thing quite a bit more super.



OvrClkr I think he would need the extra memory I might be wrong its a lil weeee bit out of my league
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 7:04:51 AM

Can you use even use three HD 5970s? I thought quad GPUs was the limit.

For the price of two Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 4 GB Toxics, you're better off with GTX 480 Tri or Quad-SLI.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 7:45:24 AM

+1 SLI scales better
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 7:46:09 AM

Anything over dual 480's will be a waste, the OP will be using TV's that do not go any higher than 1080P. If he were to buy a 30" 2560x 1600 screen then that would be another story.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 12:13:17 PM

Well, three 1080p monitors results in 5760 x 1080 total resolution if OP decides to use nVidia Surround, where another GTX 480 could help a bit there.
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 2:21:12 PM

thanks and damn im lost again, lol , i know this stuff is alot of money i really didnt wanna have 3 gpus in the pc, my setup is , rampage 3 board , antec 1200 case, i7 980x, and memory was looking at getting gskill trident 24 gbs or ripjaws 24 gbs.
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 2:45:06 PM

I'm not even sure if those cards will run with any stability. I am sure that Crossfire scaling is generally very poor - more so with these cards. I doubt you would even be able to used the 4GB of one of them, let alone 8GB of two.

Go for the 480 SLI. They will be more then enough for anything you through at them, and SLI actually works out-of-the-box with just about any software you can think of - same can't be said for CF.
Mind, with 2xARES you are technically in 4xCrossFire territory - please don't ruin your nervous system with such a task.

As for Amazon, I've used them (mainly the UK one) for more then a decade now and can only praise their services...don't always have the best prices but are the best at customer support...

...again, please don't do it - think of your mental health...
m
0
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 2:48:32 PM

Quote:
Umm What. O/C 5970 can't compete with 480's in SLI
[/url]
spentshells said:
did you read this link

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-ares-radeon-hd...

it shows two 480's spanking a ARES by a really decent margin and that is deffinately a step up from those toxic editions

Im an ATI fan but I feel 2 maybe 3 480's would make thing quite a bit more super.



OvrClkr I think he would need the extra memory I might be wrong its a lil weeee bit out of my league
spentshells said:
did you read this link

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-ares-radeon-hd...

it shows two 480's spanking a ARES by a really decent margin and that is deffinately a step up from those toxic editions

Im an ATI fan but I feel 2 maybe 3 480's would make thing quite a bit more super.



OvrClkr I think he would need the extra memory I might be wrong its a lil weeee bit out of my league

You both were taught how to read, right?
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 2:52:28 PM

so the 480s are just a little bit better then the 5970s 4gb ones?
and why wouldnt the atis work with everything imm lost on that part, before all i bought was bfg geforce stuff, but bfgs getting out of it now. 5970s are supposed to be the best cards on the market now . am i right? thanks
m
0
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 2:54:59 PM

No, the single HD5970 is better than 2 GTX480s in eyefinity. You can see a 5FPS (~9% lead) here.

*Also
The 3x HD5970 was my bad. 2x.
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 3:10:40 PM

what is eyefinity, does 5970 have that
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 3:13:27 PM

shadow187 said:
No, the single HD5970 is better than 2 GTX480s in eyefinity. You can see a 5FPS (~9% lead) here.

*Also
The 3x HD5970 was my bad. 2x.



I think you missed this.

"[EDIT] Further investigation shows that the GeForce GTX 480 SLI result should probably be much higher than 63 FPS at 5760x1080--in our Nvidia 3D Vision Surround: Is This The Future Of Gaming? article we achieved an average of 92.4 FPS using a pair of GeForce GTX 480s in SLI. We are looking into this discrepancy and will report our findings here when our investigation is complete. [/EDIT]"
m
0
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 3:15:50 PM

Huh. That's odd. I might've read it before the edit.

Then again, this IS the game that tells us a GTX260 beats an HD5850.
m
0
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 3:21:58 PM

Then they'd also have to Re-Do AMD's cards as well. In the newer graph the 5870 crossfire gets 57FPS, but in the nVidia article, they get 76FPS.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 10:35:14 PM

well there you go I thought I was wrong but it turns out I was mistaken
m
0
l
!