Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Which case?

Last response: in Components
November 7, 2010 1:01:28 AM

ct1615 said:
both have 2x 200m fans and 1x 120mm fans. the corsair is larger though, its almost full tower size, both are easy to build in although the corsair may be slightly easier. you should go with the case that you think looks the best since that is one peace of hardware where looks matter and both those cases have unique styles that might not be for everyone.

I was told the corsair doesn't have as good airflow as the 922?
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 7, 2010 1:12:15 AM

ct1615 said:
AMW, silverstone pay you for all the love you give them because you seem on the verge of becoming one of those intel/nvidia/AMD fan boys with them?

Umm... It will outperform both of the cases he listed by leaps and bounds, its not much more money, its very simple to build in, and is a great case all around. Yeah, when someone can afford it, I recommend these cases, because they are some of, if not the best, performing cases when it comes to air cooling.

If Championing a Champion is putting me on the verge of Fanboyism, so be it. Wait until you see my review that is coming up. :D 
Score
a c 165 ) Power supply
November 7, 2010 1:15:48 AM

bigislandigor said:
I was told the corsair doesn't have as good airflow as the 922?

probably. I would have more faith in the CM fan manufacturer rather then Corsairs. the corsair case seems to be focused on silence as a priority. I've seen several videos of the 600T, including monstermawd's who posts on this forum all the time, and have been impressed with its ease of build ability.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/289508-28-review-cors...
Score
Related resources
a c 165 ) Power supply
November 7, 2010 1:17:13 AM

AMW1011 said:

If Championing a Champion is putting me on the verge of Fanboyism, so be it. Wait until you see my review that is coming up. :D 

i've read the cliff note version every time you make a post :kaola: 
Score
November 7, 2010 1:34:13 AM

Doing my build, I have narrowed down to two cases, CM HAF 922 and Corsair Graphite 600T, Please help me decide.

More about : case

a c 165 ) Power supply
November 7, 2010 1:38:23 AM

both have 2x 200m fans and 1x 120mm fans. the corsair is larger though, its almost full tower size, both are easy to build in although the corsair may be slightly easier. you should go with the case that you think looks the best since that is one peace of hardware where looks matter and both those cases have unique styles that might not be for everyone.
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 7, 2010 1:49:20 AM

I recommend you look at the Silverstone RV02 again. I know its a little bit more expensive, but it really is worth it.

Now all RV02s and FT02s come with AP181 fans, and since the internals (except for HDD bays) are exactly the same, they cool the same. So look at this:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/08/12/silve...

Note that the RV02/FT02 perform even better than the other with multiple GPUs and/or Fermi cards.
Score
a c 165 ) Power supply
November 7, 2010 1:52:56 AM

AMW, silverstone pay you for all the love you give them because you seem on the verge of becoming one of those intel/nvidia/AMD fan boys with them?
Score
November 7, 2010 1:56:31 AM

Damn that Silverstone RVO2 is damn nice looking case. If you are going to go with one of your choices bigislandigor I think the Corsair Graphite 600T looks really sleek and nice.
Score
November 7, 2010 3:08:41 AM

Hey,ct1615,
What are your favorite cases? Your top three? I'm looking a a large mid-tower( in case my i5 build, turns into a i7 build :D  )
Score

Best solution

a c 165 ) Power supply
November 7, 2010 4:00:56 AM

well I tend to think there is point of little return on PC hardware. That spending top dollar gets you a smaller and smaller fraction of improvement. Kind of liking having an i5 build that can get the job done rather then an i7. ;) 

So my top two cases at around $100 would be and one "wish list" case.

Antec 902. great cooling and I think the antec front grille is the best looking among cases....and after all cases are as much about looks as they are performance (you can always upgrade case fans for better cooling)
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2009/02/25/antec...

CM HAF 922. I'm not crazy about the front but it looks really easy to build in and its a big case. I've checked it out multiple times.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler-master-haf-922-rev...

Silverstone Fortress FT02 It may be the best mid-tower out there....but it costs $250. To me, I would rather spend the extra money on my CPU, video card, etc., but if anyone wants to sell it for $100... :na: 
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...

there are a lot of good cases out there. its kind of hard to go wrong picking one. Xigmatek's Utgard is very nice and cheap. the new CM 690 II is nice also. I really like the corsair 600T but I'm not sure on the fans and 200mm fans are not cheap to replace. Lian Li make some great cases but if I had to choose I would go with the Antec simply based on my preference for its looks and its great cooling. If you like the look of the CM 922 though, you would have a hard time finding a bigger or better case for the money.
November 7, 2010 5:37:13 AM

Best answer selected by bigislandigor.
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 7, 2010 6:05:34 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!