Hi There - I've been doing online research on the site for afew days and have come up with the following Build. Mostly I'm interested in a High medium range setup with room to grow a bit and if I'm missing anything that most of you regular builders take for granted (i.e. do I need Thermal paste?). I've given up planning too far in advance, since it seems my ideas are obsolete within 1-2 yrs).
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within next 2-3 weeks
BUDGET RANGE: $600-$700
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming (MMO's like Dragon Age II and new DC heroes in fall, starcraft II)
PARTS NOT REQUIRED:keyboard, mouse, monitor, graphics card (I have EVGA GTS 250 1GB).
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.ca or other canadian sites
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada
PARTS PREFERENCES: rather have good quality main parts, can always upgrade other stuff a sI go
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: no
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600 or 1900
I haven't built a machine before but have swapped out most components except MB and CPU. I am worry that I'm forgetting something or that the parts I've picked won't work together. I haven't picked a Hardrive yet and am open to suggestions - don't need alot of space - I'm moving from80 Gig :-). Thanks for any advice in advance!
Here is what I have so far:
- Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
- SeaSonic SS-500ET Bronze 500W ATX12V v2.31 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM
- AMD Athlon II X3 440 Rana 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX440WFGIBOX
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
- Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7261S-0B LightScribe Support - OEM
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
Thanks for the advice so far. Between what I have been reading (lol can't even keep my thread on the first pg for a day) I think this may be what I'm going to go with. Not sure on the MB yet seems pretty even. Any last minute advice on the below? I'm ok with upgrading something by $50 if it means noticable performance or quality increase.
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 OR MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X3 440 Rana 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7261S-0B LightScribe Support - OEM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
...approx $600 Cdn once I decide which motherboard to go with.
** I already own:
- a EVGA GTS 250 1GB I will likely need to upgrade card in near future, but I think I'll stick with 1 card system and upgrade to a 5770.
- LG W2353V 1920x1080p monitor
Ok, last question on this. Some have suggested I maybe lookforward to SLI the 250s...what motherboard should I look at if I want to do that? Do I need to upgrade my PSU then and do I need to worry about a heatsink/paste then?