Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I need to buy an NON-Creative sound

Last response: in Components
November 7, 2010 4:41:14 AM

I bought the top of the line soundcard from creative last year and have had nothing but headaches ever since. First off I didn't realize that when use the fiber optic connection to hook up your receiver you can't use any of apps in the soundcard control your speaker separation. anyway thats old news I need to find a good soundcard and I'm willing pay for it I just don't know whats out there. I've gotten real good advice from you guys in the past. Thank You can you help me out again please

More about : buy creative sound

November 7, 2010 8:26:31 AM

Wait for more replies but try the audio subforum, I don't know the soundcard/receiver stuff very well.
Score
November 7, 2010 5:09:07 PM

Check out the ASUS line of XONAR cards,excellent...:) 
Score
Related resources
November 8, 2010 2:16:42 AM

The other brands worth considering are HT Omega, ASUS, and Auzentech. Each have their own pros and cons, so depending on what you want, one brand may be better then the other.
Score
November 8, 2010 5:40:51 AM

Please provide a brief list of your requirements from the sound card.. Mention your audio hardware configuration too along with it..
Score
November 8, 2010 6:17:36 AM

n2it said:
I bought the top of the line soundcard from creative last year and have had nothing but headaches ever since. First off I didn't realize that when use the fiber optic connection to hook up your receiver you can't use any of apps in the soundcard control your speaker separation. anyway thats old news I need to find a good soundcard and I'm willing pay for it I just don't know whats out there. I've gotten real good advice from you guys in the past. Thank You can you help me out again please

I have a Sony STR-DH800 AV receiver that I run my computer through. I was using the optic hook up but since have decided that it isn't worth loosing the software control of the for the speakers. I play first person shooter games and use winamp for my music. I have Polk Audio Rm7 5.1 speakers with subwoofer. I'm in a 10 X 10 mobilhome bedroom. My computer is a GA-MA790FX-DS5 motherboard with AMD phenom II X4 940 And ATI 4850 crossfire with a samsung syncmaster 2494 monitor
Score
November 8, 2010 11:05:06 AM

Well, I know for ASUS, you don't lose functionallity when using the digital outputs. Assuming your receiver has Dolby decoding support, you could go with the ASUS Xonar D1/DX and use Dolby Digital Live to get 5.1 over optical. The HT Omega Striker is also an attractive option at that price range though...

Anything you're looking for in particular? Gaming, music, movie playback, etc?
Score

Best solution

November 8, 2010 11:17:30 AM

ASUS Xonar Essence STX. Comes with an Headphone/Headset Amp included. Will drive any Headphone up to 800ohm.

Hope this helps:
Product Description
Sound Output Mode:Stereo, Compliant Standards:D irectSound, A3D 1.0, OpenAL, Dolby Digital Live, EAX 5.0, Dolby Pro Logic II, Response Bandwidth:10 - 90000 Hz, Sample Rate:192 kHz (max), DAC Data Width:24-bit, Signal-To-Noise Ratio:124 dB, Features:Karaoke, Dolby Headphone technology, Dolby Virtual Speaker technology, Magic Voice, Smart Volume Normalizer, FlexBass, Xear 3D Virtual Speaker Shifter, Compatible Slots:1 x PCI Express x1, Interfaces:1 x audio - line-out - RCA x 2 1 x headphones - output - phone stereo 6.3 mm 1 x audio - line-In - phone stereo 6.3 mm 1 x audio - line-In - 4 PIN MPC 1 x audio - SPDIF output - RCA On supplied cable : 1 x audio - SPDIF output - TOSLINK, Enclosure Type:p lug-in card, Interface Type:p CI Express x1, Device Type:Sound card, Cables Included:2 x audio adaptor 1 x audio (digital) adapter, Signal Processor:ASUS AV100, OS Required:Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition, Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits), Software:D rivers & Utilities
November 8, 2010 5:47:36 PM

While the essence is a great sound card, its not ideal for a 5.1 setup.. The xonar dx will be enough here..
Score
November 8, 2010 6:28:52 PM

Northwolfe said:
ASUS Xonar Essence STX. Comes with an Headphone/Headset Amp included. Will drive any Headphone up to 800ohm.

Hope this helps:
Product Description
Sound Output Mode:Stereo, Compliant Standards:D irectSound, A3D 1.0, OpenAL, Dolby Digital Live, EAX 5.0, Dolby Pro Logic II, Response Bandwidth:10 - 90000 Hz, Sample Rate:192 kHz (max), DAC Data Width:24-bit, Signal-To-Noise Ratio:124 dB, Features:Karaoke, Dolby Headphone technology, Dolby Virtual Speaker technology, Magic Voice, Smart Volume Normalizer, FlexBass, Xear 3D Virtual Speaker Shifter, Compatible Slots:1 x PCI Express x1, Interfaces:1 x audio - line-out - RCA x 2 1 x headphones - output - phone stereo 6.3 mm 1 x audio - line-In - phone stereo 6.3 mm 1 x audio - line-In - 4 PIN MPC 1 x audio - SPDIF output - RCA On supplied cable : 1 x audio - SPDIF output - TOSLINK, Enclosure Type:p lug-in card, Interface Type:p CI Express x1, Device Type:Sound card, Cables Included:2 x audio adaptor 1 x audio (digital) adapter, Signal Processor:ASUS AV100, OS Required:Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition, Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits), Software:D rivers & Utilities

Thanks NorthWolf everything here sounds really really great The olny thing that bothers is that you only mentioned vista and XP the reason I'm asking is because I had problems with creative drivers and software dealing with windows 7 is this card rated for windows 7 64 bit?
Score
November 8, 2010 6:35:41 PM

gamerk316 said:
Well, I know for ASUS, you don't lose functionallity when using the digital outputs. Assuming your receiver has Dolby decoding support, you could go with the ASUS Xonar D1/DX and use Dolby Digital Live to get 5.1 over optical. The HT Omega Striker is also an attractive option at that price range though...

Anything you're looking for in particular? Gaming, music, movie playback, etc?

Hi gamerk316 Thanks for the help I do it all I am a disabled veteran and I pretty much live on my PC I very rarely venture outside of my room much less the house I am willing to pay the price for a exceptional soundcard
Score
November 14, 2010 12:01:13 AM

Best answer selected by N2iT.
Score
November 14, 2010 12:46:52 PM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!