Sign in with
Your question

P8P67 pro hard disk not detected

Last response: in Motherboards
July 1, 2011 6:17:14 PM

Hello,
I have bought a rig with 2500k and Asus P8P67 pro. There is a flash screen whenever I start the computer, saying that hard disk is not found. Then the computer is restarted automatically, and properly in the OS installed without a hitch. How to get rid of the prob? Is there any prob with the mobo?
a b V Motherboard
July 1, 2011 6:21:15 PM

open up your computer and make sure the Hard Drive has 2 cables plugged into it, and the the smaller cable goes into the motherboard and is in correctly. if that doesnt help, post back and i will figure something else out
m
l
July 2, 2011 3:52:20 AM

I have checked for it. The cables are properly plugged...

Now what to do?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 2, 2011 9:39:46 AM

It is quite possible that you are seeing a message for the secondary hard disk adapter.

On my ASUS motherboard I see a message flash past about "no hard disk installed", but it's for the Marvell controller which controls the third and fourth SATA III ports. I am only using the Intel ports. I keep wondering if I should disable the Marvell controller so I don't get that message.

If I'm correct, then you have nothing to worry about.
m
l
July 2, 2011 2:42:39 PM

I have the same board and get the same message. Ignore it, it typically comes up when you're loading a RAID driver , SATA3 or SCSI driver and you don't have a HD on those connections.
m
l
!