How to output to TV from laptop DVD

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 8, 2004 1:05:46 PM

I have Toshiba P30-MH1.

I am trying to use it as an occasional DVD player, but I don't think I
can redirect the output to a TV. Qosimodo has line in and line outs,
but this one only has S-video jack (I think it's input). Is there any
USB based product that will allow me to watch DVD on TV?

More about : output laptop dvd

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 8, 2004 9:54:48 PM

"Bob Yu" <bobyu6@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have Toshiba P30-MH1.
>
> I am trying to use it as an occasional DVD player, but I don't think I
> can redirect the output to a TV. Qosimodo has line in and line outs,
> but this one only has S-video jack (I think it's input).

P30-MH1 has S-video out.

--
><eM eL><
><There's no place like 127.0.0.1><
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 8, 2004 10:33:22 PM

bobyu6@gmail.com (Bob Yu) wrote in

> I have Toshiba P30-MH1.
>
> I am trying to use it as an occasional DVD player, but I don't
> think I can redirect the output to a TV. Qosimodo has line in and
> line outs, but this one only has S-video jack (I think it's input).

The S-Video jack on your laptop is an output jack.

If your TV or monitor doesn't have S-Video input, converters to
standard composite video are available at Radio Shak and other
places.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@visi.com
Related resources

in my the TV output is normaly off.
I pess Fn+F5 3 or 4 times and the TV output turn on

"Bob Yu" <bobyu6@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have Toshiba P30-MH1.
>
> I am trying to use it as an occasional DVD player, but I don't think I
> can redirect the output to a TV. Qosimodo has line in and line outs,
> but this one only has S-video jack (I think it's input). Is there any
> USB based product that will allow me to watch DVD on TV?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 8, 2004 11:13:46 PM

Apparently it is S-Video out, and if the TV set doesn't have an S-Video
input, there are S-Video to composite adpaters which are tiny (just a
connector) and cheap (under $5) (try www.computergate.com or
www.pimfg.com, among others).

The hard part usually ends up being getting the laptop's video
properties & drivers setup to actually drive that port. It's possible,
but I've spent 30 minutes to 2 hours screwing with those settings on
more than one occasion (was ultimately successful, however).

!