Windows 7 can't see any wireless networks

StandardFiend

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I just installed Windows 7 64 on my new rig. It did not install any drivers for my wireless card (a Microsoft MN-730) and could not see any networks. I have tried to manually set up the card with the CD, but it won't work. When I run the CD, it asks me to shut off my computer and install the product. (It is already installed correctly). But I took it out and put it back in anyway, just to humor the software, and it just looped back around and asked me again, as if I had never done it.

I had Vista installed while I was waiting on my copy of 7, and within minutes of first loading it was connected to the Internet, with no manual driver install or anything, so there isn't a problem with my card as far as I know.

I'm currently writing this help request on my netbook at the very same desk where my Win7 computer is sitting (and this little thing is also running Win7, by the way) and it is connected to my home network just fine and sees at least half a dozen other networks floating around.

Any idea how to fix this problem? And yes, I started the WLAN service, and the WWAN service as well even though I'm not sure that's relevant.

G

Look for a later driver for the wireless adapter don't just rely on the version supplied with Windows or on the disk, they are likely to be older than the adapter you have.