User Profile Disconnected

Hi,

I have three profiles on my Windows XP Pro (SP2) machine, one admin and two
that I use to demo with in training sessions. Recently one of the demo
accounts came up with an error message when I tried to log in saying that the
user profile could not be found. It still logged in however but all the
information, all the set up, emails and files from the demo user cannot be
found. It acted like a brand new account, even to making me use the internet
set up wizard to connect to the 'net.

How can I reconnect the old user to the link on the log in page? I looked
in users and I can see the demo users desktop and "my document" information
is still there, but still when I choose the name demo upon login, it goes to
this new user it seems to be creating. Anyone have any ideas?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:EE41007C-793C-442C-BD92-0F79FE429734@microsoft.com,
CCSMUDGE <CCSMUDGE@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hi,
>
> I have three profiles on my Windows XP Pro (SP2) machine, one admin
> and two that I use to demo with in training sessions. Recently one
> of the demo accounts came up with an error message when I tried to
> log in saying that the user profile could not be found. It still
> logged in however but all the information, all the set up, emails and
> files from the demo user cannot be found. It acted like a brand new
> account, even to making me use the internet set up wizard to connect
> to the 'net.
>
> How can I reconnect the old user to the link on the log in page? I
> looked in users and I can see the demo users desktop and "my
> document" information is still there, but still when I choose the
> name demo upon login, it goes to this new user it seems to be
> creating. Anyone have any ideas?

Try these:

"Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted ...:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318011

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

Galen

Sherlock Holmes