Sign in with
Your question

BSOD problem

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
November 7, 2010 10:28:08 AM

Hi guys I just had this terrible problem on my pc, I keep getting a BSOD eversince I upgraded my pc component. There were 2 component that I've change this week ago: processor and the PSU. Before the upgrade there wasn't any problem. My system before was E4600 2.4ghz, 6gb 800mhz kingston, P5Q SEPlus Mobo, Inno3d GTS250 1gb, 160gb WD main OS HDD, 1 TB seagate HDD, Gigabyte 550WSuperb. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, GPU driver 260.89. SMBIOS v. 2.5 (Mobo). The 2 component that I've upgraded was Quadcore Q8400 and Silverstone Strider 600W PSU. After a few days disaster strike I get this BSOD almost everyday and it has become a nuisance and quite frustrating by the fact I keep reinstalling the OS and eventually I still keep getting the BSOD. I've tried installing Windows6.1-KB974431-x64, useless. I had all the ram stick and video card clean, CPU temp 42 idle 59 underload, GPU 49 idle 75 underload, seems normal. BSOD Error that I was able to get was like Stop: 0x0000007E dxgmmsl.sys. ,nvlddmkm.sys‎, and some other which I wasn't able to get. Some say videocard others ram, but things were working perfect before but why now after the upgrade. Please help me find solution to this problem.

More about : bsod problem

a b à CPUs
November 7, 2010 10:37:48 AM

0x0000007E dxgmmsl.sys. ,nvlddmkm.sys?
Try installing a different OS or try reinstalling the video card..My guess is the video card
But wait for a few other opinions..
a b à CPUs
November 7, 2010 10:45:58 AM

venjhammet said:
Hi guys I just had this terrible problem on my pc, I keep getting a BSOD eversince I upgraded my pc component. There were 2 component that I've change this week ago: processor and the PSU. Before the upgrade there wasn't any problem. My system before was E4600 2.4ghz, 6gb 800mhz kingston, P5Q SEPlus Mobo, Inno3d GTS250 1gb, 160gb WD main OS HDD, 1 TB seagate HDD, Gigabyte 550WSuperb. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, GPU driver 260.89. SMBIOS v. 2.5 (Mobo). The 2 component that I've upgraded was Quadcore Q8400 and Silverstone Strider 600W PSU. After a few days disaster strike I get this BSOD almost everyday and it has become a nuisance and quite frustrating by the fact I keep reinstalling the OS and eventually I still keep getting the BSOD. I've tried installing Windows6.1-KB974431-x64, useless. I had all the ram stick and video card clean, CPU temp 42 idle 59 underload, GPU 49 idle 75 underload, seems normal. BSOD Error that I was able to get was like Stop: 0x0000007E dxgmmsl.sys. ,nvlddmkm.sys‎, and some other which I wasn't able to get. Some say videocard others ram, but things were working perfect before but why now after the upgrade. Please help me find solution to this problem.

By the way the BSOD that I'm getting was not only on in-game and even when the pc is on idle
Related resources
November 7, 2010 11:10:30 AM

i remember reading about this a while back, never had the problem myself but i found this if it helps you any:

I have found and fixed the problem today. This is what appears to happen.
during the installation of the most current drivers 100.65 Vista, an OLD file
nvlddmkm.sys is copied into windows/system32/drivers and not the current one
in the install. As a result the new drivers are attempting to access a file
dated 11/2006 instead of 2/2007 ver 7.15.11.0065 which is in the newest WHQL
driver ver 100.65 vista 32.

Fix: Go to windows/system32/drivers and rename nvlddmkm.sys to
nvlddmkm.sys.old. Go to the nvidia directory and find the file nvlddmkm.sy_
and copy it to windows/system32. Using the cmd window (DOS box) type
EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys. When the expansion is complete, copy
the new nvlddmkm.sys to windows/system32/drivers and restart the computer.

Your computer should now work properly.

You will notice that any uninstall and reinstall of nvidia drivers will not
remove the old nvlddmkm.sys file and will not overwrite it with the newer
version. You have to do it manually. I do not know why this happens but who
cares as long it is fixed.
a b à CPUs
November 8, 2010 1:36:07 PM

At last I have found the solution to my problem. I came across this MEMTEST software http://hcidesign.com/memtest/purchase.html, I run a RAM check and found dozens of error. It turn out that my 2 DIMM Slot were defective. Since my motherboard has 4 DIMM slots: A1 A2 B1 B2, I found out that B1 and B2 slots were faulty and that's why I keep getting the BSOD.
!