Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Monitors
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 21, 2010 7:57:20 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (This week sometime.)

BUDGET RANGE: (800-1200 before rebates)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (Gaming, schoolwork, surfing the internet)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (OS)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (www.newegg.com)

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: (USA)

PARTS PREFERENCES: (No parts preference)

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (Depends on suggested monitor)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (Any help would be appreciated. This is the first computer I have built and I have no idea what I'm doing.)

More about : building 1000 computer

August 21, 2010 8:46:00 AM

Forgot the Monitor : SAMSUNG 24".

BTW, I'll go with the Intel build any day.

Also if you can afford it, depending on the type of games you wanna play, get the GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi)
m
l
Related resources
August 21, 2010 10:44:06 AM

@ Batuchka

You do realize, that he asked for a 1100 dollar build, right? And not a 600-800 dollar one.

And also that the 760 Intel build rapes the 955 AMD build silly.

Let's dissect this 1 by 1 -

Better PSU. Faster RAM. Much better monitor - your's will look washed out & leave a trail behind while watching fast moving objects.

Not to mention a much higher benchmarked CPU - 760 vs 955 - cpubenchmark

I also gave him the 955 option (with a better chipset - 890GX).
m
l
a b C Monitor
August 21, 2010 11:51:07 AM

Poor choice, overpriced 8/8 AM3 IMO @ $150 as i would rather hit a 890FX Biostar/Asrock rather than any 890GX at that price but still

Quote:
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

so u can give him the 'best chipset' like a
890FX and u only achieve wasting more $$
and

Quote:
BUDGET RANGE: (800-1200 before rebates)
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (OS)

so better give TS an idea what the lower point of that range can do with carefully picked out parts

actually our very own forums has stated a humble Rana 4xx good enuff for a gaming rig ^^ By the way i've seen your recommendations: guess u the type that equates spending more = better hehe
m
l
August 21, 2010 5:13:20 PM

batuchka said:
actually our very own forums has stated a humble Rana 4xx good enuff for a gaming rig ^^ By the way i've seen your recommendations: guess u the type that equates spending more = better hehe
No sir, I don't. It's just that good enough is sometimes not good enough. That's why people have a budget IMO. If you can afford a 760 based system, you don't really wanna look at a Rana. The 955, maybe but not the Rana.

I myself have recommended the Rana 440/445 previously only to find that you've come up with a Propus 620-640 recommendation for a gaming build.

In any case, the higher up the price range you go, AMD seriously makes less & less sense & Intel becomes the obvious choice IMHO

BTW, without insinuating anything, why do I never find you recommending Intel? Do you have any disclosures 'bout your relationship with AMD?

@ Panicfly

Go with the 955 I linked, if you want slightly better value & can't afford the 760. Go with the 760 if you want a better, more powerful system overall.

The lower price point was achieved by compromising on the RAM, PSU and Monitor quality. Just to let you know. Your call.
m
l
a b C Monitor
August 21, 2010 5:31:27 PM

Unless one needs the sheer brute force of the Gulftown 980X more often than not there are very much more wallet friendly alternatives and i would say TS should be moving to a HD 5870 for a gaming config if budget is expanded from my earler config for best gains for gaming ^^
m
l
August 27, 2010 3:36:23 AM

Thanks to both of you for all your help. Just put the computer together today and it works great. I really appreciate everything.
m
l