Graphic card test

G

Hello,is there a way to test your graphics card?,i've been using all programs,i installed windows 7 and it wont show me my graphic card name so i can download DirectX 9.0 and direct3D acceleration i've been searching on the net for about 2 days i had Windows xp before but everything worked just fine and i got my ticket numbers too i opened my pc and wrote down them numbers. So please can you guys help me it wont let me play games etc Worlf of warcraft!
it says that my graphic card is :
Standard VGA graphics adapter!!!!
please help!

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Hello,is there a way to test your graphics card?,i've been using all programs,i installed windows 7 and it wont show me my graphic card name so i can download DirectX 9.0 and direct3D acceleration i've been searching on the net for about 2 days i had Windows xp before but everything worked just fine and i got my ticket numbers too i opened my pc and wrote down them numbers. So please can you guys help me it wont let me play games etc Worlf of warcraft!
it says that my graphic card is :
Standard VGA graphics adapter!!!!
please help!
Hello friend,
You must install graphics drivers, typically either nVidia or ATI, for your vidcard.
DirectX 9, 10, and 11 are already in place within Win7, waiting for you.
Apparently you opened your case and 'wrote down them numbers' but you have not graced us by sharing them...
But go to either nVidia or ATI.com, input your model, OS version and motherboard interface (AGP or PCI-E) and get your drivers.
Installing a new OS is not for the faint of heart...
Also not always as easy as 'they' say.
Regards