Is the corsair h50 good cpu cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamui4697

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
is this a good cooler for non overclocked q6600?i know there are better solutions but i want to retain both side fans on my cooler master storm scout case

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
the hoses on the h70 are a bit shorter i read, maybe something to consider depending on that case you're using, the storm scouts i looked at didnt have side fans so not sure which one you're using.

suteck

Distinguished
I would rather use the H50 or H70 instead of air. Most air coolers depend on the internal air flow and temp inside the case. These water coolers are attached to the back, side or top and blow air through the radiator directly from outside the case usually giving you cooler air. Or you could look into the coolit watercooling also. I've used the Domino ALC on a couple builds and it's good for a mild overclock, (example - i7 965 form 3.2 to 3.8 temps just at 68*C). Don't get me wrong - nothing wrong with air, I just prefer water!

kamui4697

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
good point just trying to get viewpoints from everyone to make an intelligent decision for my purchase i love building pc's so many parts to choose from and different styles and personalities put into each build

Status
Not open for further replies.