Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

GTX 465 SLi

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 17, 2010 11:26:57 AM

What PSU would you recommend for GTX 465 in 2 way SLi, 3 way SLi or Quad SLi? Is 1000W enough for quad SLi? I consider adding 3 GTX 465s to my rig so I have to be sure of which PSU ill need. Also Im going to overclock my core i7 920 to 4GHz with a new cooler so the CPU will use more power than usual too.

More about : gtx 465 sli

a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 12:31:10 PM

Why GTX465's? SLi'd GTX460's would be cheaper and most likely enough firepower to tide you over for a bit whilst the DX11 train gets rolling proper, which is still going to take some time.
Related resources
July 17, 2010 12:32:54 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Why GTX465's? SLi'd GTX460's would be cheaper and most likely enough firepower to tide you over for a bit whilst the DX11 train gets rolling proper, which is still going to take some time.


in normal countries like US GTX 460 is cheaper yes but here in sweden GTX 465 is cheaper than GTX 460 1 GB version. Thats why I wanna do GTX 465 3 way SLi xD
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 12:39:45 PM

According to that website you linked to the 460's were a thousand Kronor cheaper than the 465's.
July 17, 2010 12:43:25 PM

Mousemonkey said:
According to that website you linked to the 460's were a thousand Kronor cheaper than the 465's.


lol no. For example. Zotac GTX 460 costs 2445 KR but Zotac GTX 465 costs 2295 KR. The GTX 460 768mb versions are cheaper though but they suck :( 
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 12:53:42 PM

okini55 said:
The GTX 460 768mb versions are cheaper though but they suck :( 

What res are you intending to run at?
July 17, 2010 12:56:44 PM

Mousemonkey said:
What res are you intending to run at?


1080P on either my 22" LG monitor or my 37" 1080P LG TV using an HDMI cable. I tried running games on my TV with my GT 230 and lost like half of my FPS compared to the monitor. So I hope GTX 465 in 3 way SLi will be enough.
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 1:04:09 PM

@ 19 x 10 the 768mb version are only a couple of fps down on the 1 GB versions, that said the Gigabyte OC'd 460 is only 100 Kr more than the Zotac 465 and as all the 4xx series GPU's are broken I would go for the 460's myself as with only two cards it's going to be less of a strain on the power consumption/heat output (if nothing else).
July 17, 2010 1:07:20 PM

Mousemonkey said:
@ 19 x 10 the 768mb version are only a couple of fps down on the 1 GB versions, that said the Gigabyte OC'd 460 is only 100 Kr more than the Zotac 465 and as all the 4xx series GPU's are broken I would go for the 460's myself as with only two cards it's going to be less of a strain on the power consumption/heat output (if nothing else).


do you mean that the GTX 460 OC 768mb is better than GTX 465 ???
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 1:12:18 PM

Go through the charts in this review, the 768MB 460's in SLi and 465's in SLi on the same charts.
July 17, 2010 1:18:40 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Go through the charts in this review, the 768MB 460's in SLi and 465's in SLi on the same charts.


huh?? lol HD 5970 crossfire is just above GTX 465 and GTX 460 in SLi. Is that because HD 5970 doesnt perform that well in crossfire or is it because the 460s pwn?
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 1:21:20 PM

okini55 said:
huh?? lol HD 5970 crossfire is just above GTX 465 and GTX 460 in SLi. Is that because HD 5970 doesnt perform that well in crossfire or is it because the 460s pwn?

A bit of both I suspect. :whistle:  And they are only using a single 5970 not two in crossfire.

July 17, 2010 1:32:32 PM

Mousemonkey said:
A bit of both I suspect. :whistle:  And they are only using a single 5970 not two in crossfire.


oh lol. But anyways what about PSU. Will 1000W be enough for GTX 460/465 in 2 or 3 way SLi
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 1:36:40 PM

Easily.
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 1:44:28 PM

More than enough, both in size and ventilation whichever cards you decide to go for.
July 17, 2010 1:50:08 PM

Mousemonkey said:
More than enough, both in size and ventilation whichever cards you decide to go for.


Ok thanks alot for the help!
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 17, 2010 2:17:24 PM

You're welcome.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 31, 2010 5:33:36 PM

Hi I have Gtx 465 in sli on i7 920 Rampage Gene II , with my old psu Fortron epsilon 700W ti crashed in 5 min of gameplay, I get another 1000W Coler master silent pro , now it work fine but when i start the system laps in my room blink for a while :) )
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 31, 2010 5:37:54 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!