Thinking of buying this from cyberpower, anyone got any opinions?

G

can anyone recommend cyberpowersystem.co.uk?

this is the system im thinking of, and its a very good price for what it is

any one recommend them?

here is all the info on the configuration im thinking of:
CASE: Thermaltake Element-T Mid-Tower Case
Lights & Illumination: NONE
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default Case Fan
Cyberpower Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU ***Overclockable XXX ***
Overclocking Service: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M4A87TD EVO AMD 870 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI [+32]
Internal Expansion: NONE.
MEMORY: 4GB (2x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 1GB 16X PCI Express [+131] (Major Brand Power by NVIDIA)
DONGLES: NONE
VIDEO CARD 2: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
Video Card 3: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
Dedicated PhysX Card: None
Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts Power Supplies [+22] (SLI / CrossFire Ready Quad Rail Power Supply *** Not Recommended for Overclocking***)
Hard Drive: 640GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (PRE-ORDER) [+21] (Single Hard Drive)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Hard Drive Cooler: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
LCD Monitor: NONE
2nd Monitor: NONE
3rd Monitor: NONE
SPEAKERS: NONE
Network: ONBOARD 10/1000 NETWORK CARD
MODEM: NONE
Keyboard: NONE
Mouse: NONE
Gaming Gear: None
Extra Thermal Display: NONE
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: NONE
Wireless 802.11B/G Access Point: NONE
Flash Media Reader/Writer: None
Cables: None
Video Camera: NONE
Power Surge Protection: None
IEEE Card: NONE
USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USB Portable Drive: NONE
Floppy: NONE
Ultra Care Option: None
Operating System: NONE - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY(NO OVERCLOCKING AVALIABLE)
Media Center Remote & TV Tuner: NONE
Software: None
Games: None
Fast Track Service: NONE
WARRANTY SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
HOME INSTALLATION SERVICE: NONE

what do you think of the system, is it going to work, and will it be decent for gaming. sorry for all the unnecassery info on the config

G

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/AMD_Hex_Core_Configurator/

thats it, then i changed some bits to be what I wanted it to be, it came too around £680
I really want to know if its okay, the mobo anygood, will it last long tech wise?

If thats a gaming only system, I'm sorry but no.
Some parts are overkill, some are substandard, hard to get into on a short post though,

what games are you after playing on it?
List usage and budget, and see what what we can put together for you before deciding on a course of action
Moto

G

about £700 to be honest, no more than that.
it will be general use and gaming,
and most games really.

Ok, go back to cyb, cy..ber, nope cant say it :p
those people on that website, see if you can swap the 6core monster chip for something a little more appropriate for gaming, Amd's 965BE is a popular one at the moment that should last you a few years, and will overclock once you get curious :)
mobo looks fine to me but I'd try and get a named psu from them, or buy a decent one and swap it out yourself after the pc's been delivered
when you say most games, are we looking at flash games, Warcraft, Call of duty,Sims, starcraft 2? theres big differences in what a game requires is only reason I ask
Moto

G

oh high spec games, thats what the GTX 460 is for. that plays things at a good res and quality so i hear, and the 6core is the same price as the 4core on cyberpower :S

cool, it will be a while before most games utilise the four cores on a quad but your hex should futureproof you in that case hehe :)
didnt want you paying out for a hex unnecessarily when a quad would've done you fine is all
now just annoy them into giving you a decent psu then man, should be fine
Moto

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
A few things. You wont need a hexacore for gaming. Not even close. Something with an Athlon II X3 440/445, or even Athlon II X4 635/640 is what you should be looking at with a powerful GPU like the 5870 (or at least the 5770).

And also, if you want a pre-build system, you might not get the same value as a home build one. For 700 quids, you'll get a much better quality product overall, if you choose to DIY.

G

okay, I'll think about a self-built system for now because im not certain on what I want
thanks for the help