UT2004 Custom Resolution

Hi,

I have a PC connected up to my PAL TV via the VGA port and I need to run
UT2004 in 960x540 (with the help of powerstrip) resolution otherwise it
throws my TV out of sync. As this is currently set as the default res for
Windows many other games (e.g. GTA:VC) pick it up.

Is there a way to get UT2004 to run under this res?

Thanks in advance
Brett

Meltdown

Brett Jackson enlightened us with:
> I have a PC connected up to my PAL TV via the VGA port and I need to
> run UT2004 in 960x540

Weird. Shouldn't it be 720x576? That's PAL.

> Is there a way to get UT2004 to run under this res?

You can try editing your UT2004.ini file, and see what happens.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

That seems to have done it! Cheers.

Re PAL resolution: You're right, but of the 576 lines I think some are
clipped, leaving about 540. The horizontal res is fairly flexible and 960
gives about the right aspect for wide-screen.