Sign in with
Your question

Computer will not Boot up now

Last response: in Components
November 7, 2010 2:21:06 PM

I went on vacation so beforehand, I powered down my desktop computer and turned it off.; When I returned yesterday, I turned on the power switch and the fans all come on but it is making a loud click sound as it tries to boot up. I then get the message on screen to "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

I have an eMachine ET1331G-03w that is less than a year old. Runs Windows 7 64 bit5, AMD Athlon IIX2 235e Dual core processor.

I did make all the back up disks when I got this computer, but I don't think my hard drive is being detected so running these and wiping out all of my work would be a waste of time, wouldn't it?

Anyways, thanks so much to anyone that can offer me a solution!

Have a great day!

More about : computer boot

November 15, 2010 2:36:55 PM

Thanks for the replies! I only have access to a netbook and it does not have a CDC burner or player on it. So, I ordered a new hard drive yesterday and will install it. I've never had to do this before and I was wondering if I will be able to use the system restore disks I made when the computer was new? I am replacing the bad hard drive with a new identical one.
I made the restore disks as it suggested when I bought the computer and I have those but no windows 7 disk shipped with my system. I am just wondering how to load the new hard drive with the operating system and drivers and etc.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Leigh Ann
m
l
November 18, 2010 4:32:04 PM

Hello Again!

I just have a quick question. I ordered a new hard drive. It is the same brand, model and size as the dead one. I have all the disks I made when the computer was new and I'm wondering after I install the new hard drive, can I run these disks to get my operating system and drivers installed? Since this new hard drive is identical to old one? I plan on just leaving old hard drive unplugged but in the computer for now. I will be using the SATA plugs for the new one. I just need to know how to load the Windows 7 64 bit onto my new hard drive. I've done alot with computers but this will be my first hard drive installation.

Once again, any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!
m
l
Related resources
!