Wireless keyboard and UT - not working

I have a Micro Innovatons wireless keyboard/mouse combo KB985W. When I
run UT GotY I can use the keyboard just fine in the menus, and when I
play locally on my machine (self contained game), but when I connect to
online, the general keys on the keyboard (used for movement) don't
work. The esc key works and the mouse works, but I cannot move.

Any Ideas? Yes, I have installed the most recent drivers.

"VejOut" <noemail@dont.want.spam.com> wrote in message
>I have a Micro Innovatons wireless keyboard/mouse combo KB985W. When I run
>UT GotY I can use the keyboard just fine in the menus, and when I play
>locally on my machine (self contained game), but when I connect to online,
>the general keys on the keyboard (used for movement) don't work. The esc
>key works and the mouse works, but I cannot move.
>
> Any Ideas? Yes, I have installed the most recent drivers.

Did you read your whole manual?

From the product's webpage it seems to be heavily internet oriented- those
keys may become hotkeys for certain functions when you go online. There may
be a way to disable or reprogram those hotkeys.

Maybe. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

I tried to download a manual for it from the Micro Innovations site and they
didn't have one available at this time. I tried to check and see if the
drivers download contained a readme file but it only downloaded as an
executable... I'd rather not run it on my Saitek KB and Logitech MX510
setup!

And, try the helpdesk/support they offer on that site- you never know if
they have already had someone else call or email in with the same problem...

HTH,

!bungle

Well, I feel dumb. I had figured that GotY was already version 436, but
it was only 432. Once I updated UT, it was okay.

Thanks for the tips though!

> "VejOut" <noemail@dont.want.spam.com> wrote in message
>> I have a Micro Innovatons wireless keyboard/mouse combo KB985W. When I
>> run UT GotY I can use the keyboard just fine in the menus, and when I
>> play locally on my machine (self contained game), but when I connect to
>> online, the general keys on the keyboard (used for movement) don't
>> work. The esc key works and the mouse works, but I cannot move.
>>
>> Any Ideas? Yes, I have installed the most recent drivers.
>>

> Did you read your whole manual?
>
> From the product's webpage it seems to be heavily internet oriented-
> those keys may become hotkeys for certain functions when you go online.
> There may be a way to disable or reprogram those hotkeys.
>
> Maybe. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
>
> I tried to download a manual for it from the Micro Innovations site and
> they didn't have one available at this time. I tried to check and see
> if the drivers download contained a readme file but it only downloaded
> as an executable... I'd rather not run it on my Saitek KB and Logitech
> MX510 setup!
>
> And, try the helpdesk/support they offer on that site- you never know
> if they have already had someone else call or email in with the same
> problem...
>
> HTH,
>

> !bungle

Meltdown

VejOut enlightened us with:
> Well, I feel dumb. I had figured that GotY was already version 436,
> but it was only 432.

It's rather stupid - there are two GOTY editions...

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001

VejOut wrote:
> I have a Micro Innovatons wireless keyboard/mouse combo KB985W. When I
> run UT GotY I can use the keyboard just fine in the menus, and when I
> play locally on my machine (self contained game), but when I connect to
> online, the general keys on the keyboard (used for movement) don't
> work. The esc key works and the mouse works, but I cannot move.
>
> Any Ideas? Yes, I have installed the most recent drivers.

You could try playing with the directinput toggle under prefs in UT,
that might help.

--
Flash

jackjt8

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
jack_J_peters@hotmail.co.uk

yer i have the same prob.... but im using a microsoft keyboard.
esc key works but nothing else..... so were do i find the HOT keys thing then?