Audio not working. Gigabyte P67 UD3 B3

rasbarry2

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I can't get my audio to work. I know it is a software issue because my speakers work when i plug other devices into it. However my computer will play sound. I have tried installing the RealTeck audio driver from Gigabytes website:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3765&dl=1#dl

I have windows 7 64 bit. I've reinstalled a few times, even with my anti virus turned off. And it still doesnt work.

Any ideas what may be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Did you let windows update the driver? This happened to me once. I had to uninstall the driver in device manager and then install the correct driver. Installing over the old driver never worked. Download the newest driver from Gigabyte, then unistall the driver in device manager and then install the new downloaded driver. Hope this works for ya!

Have the driver downloaded and ready to click on to install, go to device manager and find the sound device and right click on the Realtek High Def Audio driver and select uninstall. Once it is uninstalled the sound device should dissapear from device manager. Now install the downloaded driver and restart your comp. If this does not work I do not know what else to tell ya. It should work.