andrewjoseph

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Hello,

I am having problem with my first computer build and I have read the FAQ troubleshooting post.

I push the power button and the lights and fans go for 1 second or less and then turn off. Ater this first time no matter how many times I push the power button nothing will happen. There is a green light on my mobo that will turn on and stay on as long as the power sepply is switched on.

I have tested the power supply with the paper clip test and removed the board from the case to see if there is a screw or something toughing the board to short it.

The power supply appears to work when ran by itself, the fan and lights on it turn on. The same reselts happen when the mobo is disconnected from the case and sitting on a cardboard box.

I am hoping for some help.

Some things it could be?
The power supply I am using is a 530 watt. My mobo says if you are using two graphics cards to have 600 or more. But when I use the wattage calculator on Newegg it told me I was requiring less than 400 watts.

I cannot see a HDD connector from my case to plug into the board. I have the other cables plugged in and seated firmly, but I am missing this. I dont know why I cant find it but dont think it would make the computer not power up. I just thought that the light on the front would not turn on when the HDD is working.

Other than that I dont know what to do. I would appreciaite any advice. I feel like I have ehausted the ides on the FAQ sheet for powering up problems.

Something that seems odd to me is that there is no place to power in the graphics cards. I have looked them over and read the manual and have determined that they just get inserted into the board with no power source from the supply.

Should I try to put in a bigger power supply?

Thank you very much for the help.

andrewjoseph

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
1 x HD 1T|SEAGATE 7K ST31000528AS OEM - OEM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 x PSU RAIDMAX | HYBRID2 RX-530SS 530W

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 x DVD BRN ASUS | DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS% - OEM

1 x CPU AMD|PH II X4 955BE 3.2G AM3

1 x MEM 4Gx2|GSKILL F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL R

1 x CASE XCLIO|A380BK RT

1 x MB ASUS M4A79XTD EVO 790X AM3 RT

2 x VGA ASUS|EAH5450 SILENT/DI/1GD2 R

1 x CARD READ|ROSEWILL RCR-IC001 R

1 x UPS CYBERPOWER | CP1000AVRLCD RT

Thanks for any input!!!!!!!!!!