Display either tears OR lags (EASY FIX?)

It depends on what settings I use.

I I v sync and triple buffer I get lag if I turn them off the screen tears...

Is their any solution besides getting a 120hz lcd or a crt monitor or is their something I'm missing here?

To be more specific I'm playing cod4 which runs at 60fps v synced and 130-200fps give or take average with it disabled.

Monitor is 60hz LG 21" LED

Other specs in signature.
5 answers Last reply
More about display tears lags easy
  1. when you're used to play on 130-200 fps you will see 60fps as a lag, i remember i did with half life 2, when the fps reaches above the refresh rate the screen is running on then you will see tearing but it will look a lot more "smoother", its all up to you if you want the tearing or to have a constant 60fps.
  2. combatpro said:
    when you're used to play on 130-200 fps you will see 60fps as a lag, i remember i did with half life 2, when the fps reaches above the refresh rate the screen is running on then you will see tearing but it will look a lot more "smoother", its all up to you if you want the tearing or to have a constant 60fps.

It gets really choppy. Even portal for example

vsync off I get solid 300fps, screen tears

vsync on solid 60 fps , gun and game lags and is really choppy.

Is their a really good monitor I could get so I can play full fps and not have lag?
  3. the source engines original fps limiter is at 300 fps but i haven't seen any 300hz monitors, there are alot of 120hz monitors and ive seen a few 240hz ones, but they are pretty expensive but if you get one and turn v sync on you won't see the lag you seems to notice at 60 fps
  4. also, have you checked your monitors refresh rate? it might be too low already, because 60fps constant on a 60hz monitor isn't suppose to be laggy.
  5. I just bought a samsung sync master with a 60 hz refresh rate and a 2 ms response time. I assume the issue is still there. I think it is something a little more complex than just a monitor. The vsync lag has something to do with the compatibility with windows 7 on my setup. I have it at the computer shop right now...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Displays