Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Compatibility between motherboard and case

Last response: in Components
November 8, 2010 5:27:42 AM

I have an evga 750i sli ftw motherboard, and am thinking of buying a HAF 932 case. This case has e-sata, yet my motherboard does not support this?

I can still use this case, i just expect that the e-sata will not work...

Also same thing if a case has firewire and my mobo doesnt support it, is it the same thing? i can use the case except wont be able to use that feature of the case?

thanks for the replies.

Best solution

a c 91 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2010 5:37:08 AM

The first thing you should worry while selecting a case is if your motherboard will fit inside or not.. In this case, it'll do pretty easily.. As for the front panel eSATA and/or any other connection, you are right.. If your motherboard does not has those options, you can't use it.. It hardly matters though.. There's always the back panel access..
November 8, 2010 5:41:12 AM

Best answer selected by sensesfail47.
Score
Related resources
November 8, 2010 5:41:54 AM

sensesfail47 said:
I have an evga 750i sli ftw motherboard, and am thinking of buying a HAF 932 case. This case has e-sata, yet my motherboard does not support this?

I can still use this case, i just expect that the e-sata will not work...

Also same thing if a case has firewire and my mobo doesnt support it, is it the same thing? i can use the case except wont be able to use that feature of the case?

thanks for the replies.

thank you. I would prefer to not have useless buttons on my case but I guess i can always rebuild with this case...

ty for the info, unless there is a HAF case without th e-sata...
Score
a c 91 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2010 6:13:30 AM

Most of the current generation cases feature a complete front panel set with audio, USB, eSATA etc.. Firewire seems to be loosing its presence from the front panel nowadays though.. Anyway, although you don't need it right now, but its just a port.. Am sure you can adjust with it fine.. It might come handy in future also.. Though i think with USB 3.0 becoming mainstream, eSATA also might disappear like firewire..
Score
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2010 8:12:54 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!