Asus boot screen does not show on startup

roncar1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Hello, Just built a new computer and upon starting the system the boot screen to get into the Bios no longer appears. I'm running a Asus x58 motherboard with i7-960 cpu and 12 gigs of ram. Ran 3d Mark vantage and it shows my ram runnin at 667MHz, its Corsair vengeance 1600MHz DDR3. Need to get into the bios and change but the Asus screen is skipped at startup???
Thanks in advance
Ronnie

Welcome to Tom's Forums! :)

667MHz {I/O bus clock} is 1333 MHz {Data rate}. If the ASUS doesn't appear then you must have set Full Screen Logo [Enabled] to [Disabled]. Reboot and keep hitting the 'Delete' key and if that doesn't work use the keyboard you used to build the PC {PS/2}. Obviously, as a last resort Clear CMOS but you'll loose all of you BIOS settings.

The Corsair Vengeance is an XMP kit, so 'once' in the BIOS the simplest method is Ai Overclock Tuner [X.M.P.]

edit: Wireless keyboards often don't work, nor USB HUB, nor USB 3.0. You need either a USB keyboard or PS/2 connected to only the rear I/O USB 2 ports.

roncar1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply; when i hit the delete key it will not do anything, not even load windows, have to restart and it will go to windows but passes the boot screen. Its been doing fine up till this morning when i ran 3d mark vantage. Boot screen and everything was working??
Thanks again
Ronnie

roncar1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply; when i hit the delete key it will not do anything, not even load windows, have to restart and it will go to windows but passes the boot screen. Its been doing fine for about a week up until this morning when i ran 3d mark vantage. Boot screen and everything was working??
Thanks again
Ronnie

Well you need to press the Power button then keep tapping the 'Delete' key. If the PC is running fine in Windows -- next try a different Keyboard; see above. Again, not all USB keyboards 'can' access the BIOS -- they require a DRIVER to be loaded first; ie won't function.

Q - Once in Widows does everything work okay?

Otherwise then it's time for a Clear CMOS, but if it's a keyboard issue it'll do nothing.

roncar1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Yes everything works well while in windows; Had a score of p27417 in 3d marks. will try different keywords and get back to you. Have to go now but will post sometime tomorrow, have company for a cookout!!
Again thanks for your help
Ronnie

roncar1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Sorry so long to get back to you! Tried the F1 key on restart and it went to my boot screen, so that did the trick. Now everything is as it should be. By the way its a Sabertooth x58 motherboard in case someone else has the same problem!
Thanks for your help
Ronnie