Is a Asus GPU warranty voided if overclocked?

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hello!
I today purchased a new CuCore ATi HD 5770 from Asus but I was wondering if I overclocked the card even just a little is the warranty voided?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Solution
as far as i am aware, overclocking is not against the warranty with asus cards (just like xfx or evga)

but even if it were, there is absolutely no way they could tell you have overclocked unless you have some how managed to damage the card.

it would be like taking your car to the mechanic, and worrying about him figuring out you went over the speed limit a few times. they just aren't gonna know.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Maybe by the thermal paste or the chip itself can tell how it was clocked in the past.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
If the overclocking damages it, then they will not cover it. but overclocking is allowed but the warranty. even if it wasn't, they would have no way of knowing if you have overclocked.

however, overvolting would void the warranty. again though, they wouldn't know if you had.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah I know that if I damaged the card it's voided but are you sure Asus won't just send me back a faulty card because I oveerclocked it in the past and put back the stock settings?

I also heard that Asus covered the card even if it was overvolted and then put back to stock using the Smart Doctor software. Is this true?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
as far as i am aware, overclocking is not against the warranty with asus cards (just like xfx or evga)

but even if it were, there is absolutely no way they could tell you have overclocked unless you have some how managed to damage the card.

it would be like taking your car to the mechanic, and worrying about him figuring out you went over the speed limit a few times. they just aren't gonna know.

Solution

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

This is gonna seem pretty stupid but how do they detect it on CPUs?

Anyways thanks for all the help!

TRENDING THREADS