Integrated graphics problem on my ASRock Z68 Pro3

armoredwrath

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Hi,

I have just finished building the system a couple of days ago, and have run into a problem with the integrated graphics. I am trying to isolate the cause of the problem, so I figured I'd make sure the RAM wasn't the problem. I hope you guys can help me! :)

I've got the following configuration:

• ■ASRock Z68 Pro3 Mobo
    ■G.Skill X Series F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM RAM
    ■Intel Core i5 2500K
    ■Corsair 600W PSU
    ■Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD

I've installed the drivers for all the hardware, and the BIOS is updated to 1.4. I've run memtest, and all the tests were passed. Windows is updated with all the latest updates on a clean boot. The CPU and Mobo temperatures are normal (40 deg. celcius and 31 deg. celcius).

The problem I'm facing is that on certain occasions the system will completely freeze, and the only way to recover is to cold-reboot the system. Sometimes the system does recover and I get the error "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

My voltages are as shown in this screenshot:

4OuU0.png

The RAM is supposed to have a CAS latency of 9-9-9-24-2N, and here are my CPUID RAM settings:

jovYv.png

Can you please advice if there's anything I need to change in the BIOS settings for the RAM?

Thanks!

Welcome to Tom's Forums! :)

Excellent RAM, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM is 1600 MHz 8-8-8-24-2N @ 1.50v RAM so looking above I assume you only set the DRAM Frequency -> DDR3-1600MHz. Instead:
BIOS
DRAM Timing Control
DRAM Configuration
Load XMP Setting -> Profile 1

armoredwrath

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011

Thanks! It's good to be here! :)

Oops! Yes, of course, you're right! The CAS latency should be 8-8-8-24, not 9-9-9-24! I was looking at the wrong product page! :??: :pt1cable:

I'm actually a complete newbie, so I haven't changed anything in the BIOS yet. I'll try what you've suggested, and let you know how it goes.