Replacing the motherboard

vikramaditya

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Hello,
I recently tried to update my bios on my laptop(its amibios)during update it froze for several minutes and i've shut it down manually.So it's not been turning on since(fans not running,no light from the led's,no sign of working cd rom).I've disassembled every part in the laptop and reassembled it but to no avail it still won't work.So i took it to a hardware technician , he tested it with a multimeter and concluded that the motherboard is dead.My laptop brand is HCL(indian manufacturer)and the tech guy couldn't find the exact matching motherboard model for my laptop and i'm out of my warranty.

My laptop's has an asus motherboard its model no is T12R , rev 2.0 and part no is 08G22TR0020J

I found a matching motherboard which packard bell uses in "Easynote C3" laptops.its
model is T12R Ajax C Laptop Motherboard 7419190000 p/n 08G22TR0020J.

* Will this packard bell motherboard work with my laptop?(it has the same model
and part number)
* The bios in my motherboard was manufacturer specific, will i get any problem with the new packard bell motherboard ?

Unless you have a separate windows dvd, you will have problems with your windows install. Most oem are tied to a small bios string like the one in your asus motherboard. You'll need to find an exact same board maybe on ebay to restore your laptop. Otherwise, be prepared to get another windows coa.

vikramaditya

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Hello o1die,
My laptop came with windows premium install but i don't really like windows so i installed linux instead,so no probs with the OS .My doubt is whether the new motherboard will have any compatibility issues with the lcd or any other hardware parts.