Solved

Gt5422e upgrading video card

Well I bought and installed a ati radeon 5570 pci-ex card by saphire into my gateway gt5422e....first thing i couldnt find anything in bios or on MB that would let me turn off the on board graphics.....but when i start the computer after 4 0r 5 mini restarts (it does these on own) it will boot to Win7 with the graphics card working so i thought everything was ok and that maybe it just auto detects when something is in pci-ex slot but then while watching movies with the wife ive ran into a few blue screens of death...this keeps happening and i have no idea how to stop it .....was wondering if having a 350w PSU might be the prob as well but i was told it should be efficient...
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gt5422e upgrading video card
  1. 350W should be enough for HD5570.
    And yes, BIOS usually automatically detect the card and using it instead of the onboard...
    Have you install the correct driver for your card?
  2. yes the driver is correct and i have used driver sweeper to get rid of all old nvidia drivers....
  3. Best answer
    BSOD sometime caused by bad RAM, try using only 1 stick of RAM, and try each individually, see which one that gives you BSOD...
  4. Best answer selected by xchungfoox.
  5. 1 of my 4 sticks of ram was bad thanks it has been perfect since
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics