Best GTX 460 manufacturer?

Solution
Well, the Palit GTX 460 Sonic Platinum seems to be getting the best benchmarks of the bunch. There is a huge outcry though, the review cards out in europe seem to have a couple of vrm heat-sinks that the north american retail cards don't have. Palit says it isn't necessary because under full stress the card doesn't reach 80 degrees. I don't know how true the words coming out of Palits mouth are, but it certainly is the fastest card of the bunch.
I have also heard nothing but great things about the MSI card as well. It isn't even close to the fastest card but it has a cooling solution that destroys all the competition so overclocking should be a breeze. Other than that, they all seem to be coming in at the same performance. Just remember...

clarkwerk

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2007
Well, the Palit GTX 460 Sonic Platinum seems to be getting the best benchmarks of the bunch. There is a huge outcry though, the review cards out in europe seem to have a couple of vrm heat-sinks that the north american retail cards don't have. Palit says it isn't necessary because under full stress the card doesn't reach 80 degrees. I don't know how true the words coming out of Palits mouth are, but it certainly is the fastest card of the bunch.
I have also heard nothing but great things about the MSI card as well. It isn't even close to the fastest card but it has a cooling solution that destroys all the competition so overclocking should be a breeze. Other than that, they all seem to be coming in at the same performance. Just remember to buy the 1gb version of the card, the 768mb version is a crippled pos.

Solution

kpnamja

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

Do you know if the Palit GTX 460 is loud compared to the other 460s?

clarkwerk

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2007

Depends on who you ask. I have read in forums that it is a little louder than most 460's, then again I read on Guru3D that is was pretty quiet.

clarkwerk

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2007

The Asus can OC to a higher clock than the Palit card, then again that Asus card reviewed is a 768mb version. The websites you linked to said that a fully overclocked 768mb GTX460 is only as fast as a stock 1gb GTX460. The big difference is a 256 bit memory bus (vs. the 192bit bus of the 768mb card). Plus the overclockersclub.com reference you sent me said that he was able to OC the Palit card an extra 106MHz.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah an extra 106 over stock............it was a factory OC version with 800mhz stock clock. The Asus had a 700mhz stock clock. And the 1GB models seem to overclock better than the 768MB models so when the 1GB model Asus is released it should go even higher.
Besides Palit is not really on my 10 top trusted computer manufacturer brands list ;) Asus is.

TRENDING THREADS