Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CORE TEMP

Last response: in CPUs
November 8, 2010 3:01:20 PM

Hi, I just did a build for my dad. I used the Asus M4A77TD motherboard, AMD Phenom II X3 710 (unlocked 4th core). My problem is that when I download CORETEMP it says at the bottom of the screen where the temp usually is coretemp?, has no temperatures. Is this because I unlocked the 4th core and the cpu may no be recognized? This is what I am thinking but the computer is now at his house so I can't test my theory. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

More about : core temp

a c 159 à CPUs
November 8, 2010 4:20:26 PM

Try with HWMonitor or Everest.
Score
November 8, 2010 4:30:19 PM

I'm guessing that unlocking is your problem. When I accidently left the core unlocker switch on on my motherboard, coretemp would not read from my 955BE. I never tried other tools; just flipped the switch :) 
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 131 à CPUs
November 8, 2010 4:36:31 PM

Fact: When you unlock a core, the CPU temperature can no longer be read properly, if at all.

If you know it won't get too hot and it doesn't feel to hot on load, you are fine though. But you will not be able to read the temps, in the bios or with software.
November 8, 2010 6:36:49 PM

Yeah, and the thing is that my dad has a mid tower with the stock heatsink. I added a 120mm fan on the side of the case to try and keep it cool. But it feels ok, I will also try HWMONITOR and Everest as well though.
Score
November 8, 2010 6:37:02 PM

Best answer selected by Ahumphers91.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 8, 2010 6:57:57 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!