P8Z68-V Pro with G-Skill 2*4GB running half rate

techssk

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I have P8Z68-V Pro, Core i5-2500k with Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2*4GB 1600MHz) running Win7 Ultimate 64bit

However Asus AI Suite II reports that the max bandwidth of the memory as 800MHz where as in the BIOS and during POST it is correctly recognized as 1600MHz. I thought putting load might increase (as with CPU speed step) but it seems to stay at 800MHz in the OS - how do I fix this?

Also no where I see information about the memory running in Dual / Single channel. I guess this memory supports dual channel and I have installed the DIMMS (2 nos) in slots as recommended in the manual:
>> From the manual: 2 DIMM: Supports one pair of modules inserted into eithor the blue slots or the black slots as one pair of Dual-channel memory configuration. We suggest that you install the module into A2B2 slot for better stability. <<

thanks,
karthi

compulsivebuilder

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
DDR stands for "Double Data Rate" - it transfers data twice every clock cycle (on the rise and the fall of the clock). So an 800MHz data clock corresponds to 1600MHz data transfer. It may be that what you are looking at is the data clock. So there's nothing to fix.

The BIOS may not show the Dual Channel mode (I don't remember if it does).