CPU configuration for hardcore gaming and 3D Vision

jalatif

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
I have just paid advanced for building my new pc
i've well searched over net for weeks
and i want to know is this sufficient for me if i plan to do high-medium settings gaming in nvidia single display 3D vision

specs are:-
AMD PHENOM 2 X6 1090T BE
Zotac GTX 470
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB 3
2*2GB 1333MHZ DDR3 OCZ w/heatsink
1TB 7200rpm Seagate/hitachi
Cooler Master GX 750W
Cooler Master HAF 932
DVD Writer i already have

PLZ tell me how is my configuration which i just paid advanced today for building

1) will it remain cool as it contains hot GTX 470?by HAF 932

2) will it play all games in high-med settings at 3dVision 1920*1080 resolution?

plz tell me soon as after tomorrow i"ll not be able to change my configuration..
or if u want me to add something more which i may have forgotten plz suggest

Drop the 1090, get a 955be instead, games wont appreciate a hexcore for a few years yet and if your only gaming on this,its wasting your cash :(
other than that you should be groovy :)
next time though, ask us before you order it, might be able to save you more money for a better spec build.
Moto

Current games barely uses 3 cores; if at all unless they are poorly coded / ported. **Ahem** GTA IV.

There was an Anandtech or THG article about multicore gaming somewhat recently. Basically it found that those games which can use the 3rd core only gained about 17% performance boost at most; varies from game to game.

suteck

Distinguished
For only $229.00 (like on newegg), I would keep the 1090T because the 3rd core gives you 17% increase (which is substantial), today, but next year how much of a performance boost will the extra cores give you in gaming as they learn to make them multicore functional? No need to Upgrade for a few years. I would however add some type of upgraded CPU cooler. The stock coolers aren't bad but the cooler you run the chip the longer it will last. The HAF 932 is an excellent case for air flow so make sure you HAF them install the extra cooling fans.