Thanks for your help!
I recently built a new machine with the following specs:
i7 860 2.8Ghz CPU
Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 GPU
8 GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM
OCZ 500W PSU
Asus P7P55D-E Pro Mobo
Windows 7 64 Bit

and case fans, Hyper 212 cooler, card reader, wireless card, and fan controller...
I realize my PSU may be pushing it a bit, which I potentially am going to upgrade.
Everything has been running quite well for weeks now, but recently my computer has started to stutter and/or hesitate. When you go to move the mouse, the mouse hesitates before jumping across the screen. Games hesitate, audio stutters, etc.
I've run all the tests for memory, viruses, hardware, and checked drivers (as best I can - not necessarily complete on this one)
Could low wattage on PSU even be related to this? Any other ideas for what could be the cause? I'm open to just about anything - it's brought my once wonderful computer down to a netbook...

More about : living lag stutter

August 22, 2010 3:55:21 AM

Do you have any spare parts (such as old PCI-E GPU, etc?).

Try running a virus scan and check for background processes.
m
l
August 22, 2010 4:00:12 AM

I've run virus programs, checked for spyware, malware, viruses, etc. - (that's my specialty field). As far as background processes, there doesn't seem to be anything majorly taking up RAM. The largest thing was my browser and the resource monitor - occasionally a system interrupt process. The System idle process consistently is at 96-99%, which makes me curious as to why my CPU is so inactive on account of what it could and should be doing. I've got some old parts sitting around, but they are mostly older parts that wouldn't even be compatible with my mobo. I'll check tomorrow for sure and see what I can find...
m
l
!