Very frustrated trying to install Intel Rapid Start.

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
Using Crusial M4 128GB. Installed fresh W7 a few months back. I'm using a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H and decided to use the "EZ Setup" program to take care of my SSD setup. It was suppose to work like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxtDM-zviv4

I don't know if everything installed properly. I don't see the prgrams "Intel Rapid Start" or "Smart Response" anywhere, the only I see is "Intel Rapid Storage Techonology". I tried running EZ Setup again, but it said "Rapid Start" fails to install. Since the boot-up was pretty decent I left it alone.

But today, I tried messing with it again. I tried to manually download "Intel Rapid Start", only to get: "Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements". So I tried uninstalling EZ Setup and manually installing Intel rapid Start again (for some reaosn I thought this would work), but I got the same thing. Not only that, but now my boot-up time is longer. And of course, re-installing EZ Setup did nothing...

I don't get it, what programs I'm I suppose to install to take advange of this technology. Is this what I need:
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-033637.htm

Plz help and thanks!

The Intel Rapid Start and Smart Response.

(Intel® Rapid Start Technology) Requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive (SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary.

Intel® Smart Response Technology is an Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) caching feature that
improves computer system performance. It allows a user to configure computer systems with an SSD
used as cache memory between the hard disk drive and system memory. This provides the advantage of
having a hard disk drive (or a RAID volume) for maximum storage capacity while delivering an SSD-like
overall system performance experience. Intel® Smart Response Technology caching is implemented as a
single drive letter solution; no additional drive letter is required for the SSD device used as cache.

You don't have the Intel Smart Response technology set up because you need a small SSD , less then 64 gb set up as a cache for a larger slower hard drive. If you have a larger SSD (128gb) and the OS is installed on it you don't need the Smart response because you have the OS on the fast SSD as it is.

You don't have the Intel Rapid Start since you don't have an Intel SSD. I don't know what your processor is and whether or not you have the Intel software.

By having your OS on a SSD you are getting a fast performing computer and by trying to get these technologies enabled your not really going to get much more performance increase. You also won't see any difference by caching a SSD with another SSD. Also does it really matter if your computer starts in 10 seconds or 60 seconds ? When you start thinking of what your trying to accomplish and what the benefits are then you have to ask your self is it worth it and what are you gaining ?

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012

Thank you, that clarifies things. I feel so stupid for messing with it. Now I just have to figure out what I did that made my boot-up time go from 20 sec. to 1 Min. *sigh*

zakurin

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
MINE FINALLY WORKED!!!!!

after countless hours trying all these fixes, I was thinking about something, I looked at the clock on my pc, and the date and time setting's was wrong, so I said better fix those, so I synchronized with windows time, and set the correct time zone, and BOOM!!!!
intel rapid start technology driver decided to work, i know its crazy, but for all of you who are having issues installing this software, try this simple fix, it worked for me

Latest posts