Sign in with
Your question

Power supply repair forum-for adventurous people

Last response: in Components
a b ) Power supply
November 9, 2010 1:47:36 AM

i made a 2nd forum, this one a little better than the other one...
be a member, tell your firends. toms hardware power supply forums are good for like recommendations for a new one, but what about fixing the old one? head to my forum for help:
psurepair.freeforums.org
a c 250 ) Power supply
November 9, 2010 1:50:32 AM

Not a good thing to advocate, unlike building a computer PSU repairs have the potential to seriously injure you if done incorrectly so its not something i would be willing to advise someone on. There is a limit to what i think the average joe should be fixing on their own, high voltage electrical systems definitely fall into the category of "if you dont already know how to fix it, you probably shouldnt try"
a b ) Power supply
November 9, 2010 1:51:58 AM

look at the "disclaimer" in the please read category

also: who like the windows aero "vista" theme? im diggin' it!
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
November 9, 2010 2:05:46 AM

hunter315 said:
Not a good thing to advocate, unlike building a computer PSU repairs have the potential to seriously injure you if done incorrectly so its not something i would be willing to advise someone on. There is a limit to what i think the average joe should be fixing on their own, high voltage electrical systems definitely fall into the category of "if you dont already know how to fix it, you probably shouldnt try"

i got an interesting plusating feeling from an antec smartpower psu iwth bad caps i had ti open with no cover to listen, and i decided to touch the primary heatsink to see if it was geting hot-
it wasnt temperature hot but it was electrically hot! :) 
a c 144 ) Power supply
November 9, 2010 10:20:06 PM

I agree. If you do not have a fair amount of troubleshooting and soldering experience, PSU's are not a good place to start.

Besides that, HF switching PSU's require special components.
a b ) Power supply
February 3, 2011 4:12:02 AM

well, im happy to say that my forum is going along great and has been growing a bit. still not as active as i hoped but more members are coming often!
!