Anyone scared to try 3d because of anxiety? (panic attack)

solidnickel

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
I have anxiety to a certain extent; had a panic attack over 10 years ago and I was wondering if anyone felt anxious watching or playing games in 3d?

Borderlands caused me to be a little anxious after playing for a hour, never seen such a surreal looking game, the cell shading in that game feels like a bad trip or something; never did drugs other then a little green 12 years ago.

99.9 percant of all the games out have not bothered me but it seems like 3d would give you a surreal feeling, what is the experience been like for anyone thats tried it? I figured some games would be cool such as World N Conflict but being immersed in a environment for a long time seems like the brink of virutal reality. I realize that unless the viewing source is not taking up your whole viewing area, it prob looks like you are looking inside of a box correct? Seems like that would make everything look smaller.

I though about adding 3d to my dual GTX 480's or just doing 3 monitors without 3d...

Any opinions would be apreciated; thanks

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Nope. Didn't like 3D because I found it more distracting than anything. Once they don't need glasses I'm hoping it won't be, but until then I'm staunchly against it's implementation in any form. Played around with it for a few hours at quakecon and decided I didn't like it.

the 2 things that are keeping me from it are (in order):
1) don't care, doesn't add much
2) cost, having the GPU setup to be able to push 120 fps is expensive, as is the monitors and glasses

though i might buy one of the monitors just for a 120Hz screen

Helltech

Distinguished

I agree with this, but the no glasses implications are not any better, you have to be just at the right angle or the viewing can be horrible.