Status
Not open for further replies.

vibhas

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 700W.

Does it supply continuous power?
It's modular and its 80+ (well 90+ but i know that's done in unrealistic conditions) and the cheapest 700W I could find with enough PCIe-connections for GTX 460 SLI'd and just wondering how it compares to Earthwatts 650W and TX650/HX650 etc.

80+ is not very important to me, so its 80-85% efficiency at real world conditions is just a bonus.

Note, i do not live in America, i live in New Zealand. That means can't use newegg etc.

Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 700W is $161 and the next cheapest PSU supporting 2x GTX 460's in terms of PCIe connections and 700W + is in excess of $200. The TX/HX 650W are $175 and $190

The reviews i have seen show the Silent Pro Gold line holding up quite well, it does supply continuous, however i cannot find any mention of a Silent Pro Gold 700W unit, even on the cooler master site. Are you sure its not one of the older Silent Pro units that were only 80+ basic?

Wasn't impressed (8/10 rating on performance) with the review on its big brother

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=193

Antec Earthwatts / TP and Corasir TX are comparable.

Antec SG and CP series are comparable with Corsair HX series and a step up from the above. If ya have a comparable case, the CP-850 is real hard to beat.

This info was collected about 8 months ago ......

For comparison purposes , the list below contains performance ratings (10 scale) at jonnyguru.com / prices as per newegg on 02/21/2010 and ones w/ double asterisks (**) made it onto silentpcreview.com's Editor's Choice List meaning they excelled at both electronic and acoustic performance:

Antec SG-850 - 10.0 ($220) **
Antec CP-850 - 10.0 ($110) **
XFX 850W Black Edition 10.0 ($185)
Corsair HX850 850W - 10.0 ($180)

Antec TruePower Quattro (TPQ-850) - 9.5 ($150)
Corsair TX850 - 9.5 ($140)
Seasonic M12D 850W - 9.5 (NLA) **
NorthQ Giant Connector 850W - 9.5 (NFS)
Etasis ET850 - 9.5 (NLA)
Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF - 9.5 (NLA)

Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W - 9.0 ($250)

Thrmaltake Toughpower XT 850W - 8.5 ($216)
OCZ Z Series 850W - 8.5 ($200)

NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850W - 8.0 (NFS)
Coolmax CTG-850 - 8.0 (NFS)

SilverStone Decathlon DA850 - 7.5 ($230)
Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W EGX850EWL - 7.5 (NFS)

SilverStone Strider ST85F - 7.0

Silverstone Element ST85EF 850W - 6.0

Note: Just because you see a brand name on this list, never make the assumption that their other lines are of matching quality. Silverstone for example has other models w/ 6.0 and 7.0 ratings.

Antec Signature 650W (10.0) OOS **
Seasonic X-650 650W (10.0) $160 **
Silverstone Olympia OP650 (10.0) NFS

Thermaltake Toughpower QFan 650W (9.5) NLA

Antec Earthwatts EA650 650W (9.0) $75

Antec True Power Trio 650W (7.5) NLA

XFX XPS 650W XXX Edition Power Supply (7.0) NFS

Antec NeoPower Blue 650W (6.5) NLA

BFG BFGR650PSU 650W (6.0) NLA

NorthQ Black Magic Flex 650W PSU (5.0) NFS

NFS - Not For Sale / NLA = No Longer Available / OOS - Out of Stoc

vibhas

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

It says big bro got 9 overall.

Many of those NFS/NLA are available here =0.
I would get EA but they both have same rating and this has got 6 connectors earthwatts only has 2 - I need 2 EACH for SLI with the GTX 460 >..>. The 50 watts should help too and its only around 28USD more than the earthwatts.

vibhas

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

If Seasonic is available in your area then get the Seasonic M12D 850W mentioned by JackNaylor.

Before everything i hope you got the meaning of posting the links?

OP will get more information about those psus from there respective website

And i just don't get what extra information about a PSU a website from another country provide that newegg doesn't, except for the price. Newegg has a specification details in there, if you haven't seen it yet.

The choice is mine how i want to advise the OP, isn't it? Its a free forum ain't it?

vibhas

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Did I neglect to right no Newegg stuffs?
I generally post both things - i'm from NZ and I also can't use newegg although perhaps i thought this was implied - next time ill post a link to the equivalent site.

I'd prefer the 700W obviously as there is no 600W of the same version and it'll leave me with some headroom, and the phenom II 955 is a lil more power hungry than the i5 760 etc.

Seasonic is available in my region, but it'll cost almost as much as the 2 GTX 460's (And im already over budget).

Thanks for your help Dipankar, your passion seems to have evoked grief in hell storm here though =)

Yep i did have 'no newegg written' - In future ill ask for people to do their parts recommendation by first checking the price compared to what i picked on www.gearbot.co.nz

vibhas

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Oh wow gearbot shows a nice 80% increase in the lowest price between a 700W Silent pro gold and an 800W one.

$161 and $288 respectively, no brainer there and mega overkill anyways!
Hope that 1 store selling this PSU keeps it in stock till im ready =)

Seems like you never visited corsair's or coolermaster's website.Manufacturer's website contains more specific information about a psu starting from noise graph, efficiency graph,total power output in watts from +12v line,quality of components use eg.capacitors,circuit board ect.Now i donot see newegg mentioning those aspects in there spec page of a particular psu.

Now should i call you lazy or plain dumb?You decide.

And of course the quality of advise you give is upto you.Afterall it is a free forum that's why there is a ranking and badge system.

See the difference yourself.
www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6657&category_id=3571

www.corsair.com/products/tx/default.aspx

Yeah i have seen them more often than you. But whatever basic things that's needed to be known can be found out from any trusted shopping site. I hope you know that. That is not called dumb, that is called sensible. All extra information amounts confusing the OP. But maybe in your parallel dimension it is different. The badge system is there ofcourse for the quality of the answers given that is why i have loaded myself with badges in quite a short time in this forum.

My response was based on that ' what extra information about a PSU ,a website from another country provide that newegg doesn't'.If i fully understood your statement then you meant that the information provided by newegg is similar to that provided by a manufacturer's website.Which is not correct as i already proved.
Seems like your posts doesnot match your thoughts.Example'Yeah i have seen them more often than you'.Enough said.
A website from another country normally would mean a shopping site from another country, otherwise i would have mentioned "Manufacturer's Website" specifically. Since I know the information provided by manufacturer's website is same worldwide, I certainly would not have mentioned the term "country" in the sentence. I hope you understand now, or maybe you still don't. I guess you do not spend much time in reading. Kindly do it.

You never mentioned those website in your previous post.Avoid giving useless explaination to cover up your mistake.I am done with you.
Hmm... trying to hide your mistake by blaming the other... eh?? Nice.

I never mentioned it coz it was not not needed. I gave those links coz you asked me to. So i hope now you see that shopping sites are pretty good in providing basic information and as i said, kindly indulge in reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.