Sign in with
Your question

GFX Card Dying?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 18, 2010 8:54:31 PM

Ive been having problems with my PC restarting and Long story short still trying to figure out whats going i finally got back on to my desktop and now its still Restarts my PC so im assuming its not Windows but, what i just found out is that once after my PC restarts i got this Vista Error Report saying Nvidia is culprit & i also Updated my GFX Drivers (one of the first things i do when reformatting) so, could it be my GFX card this whole time?

My Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 920 @ 2.8Ghz (Stock)
Nvidia GTX 260 896MB 448-bit
ASUS M4A78 Plus Motherboard
8GB DDR2 Ram @ 1066 (Kingston HyperXT1 is 5-5-5-15 and OCZ Fatal1ty is 6-7-7-12 i believe -- will change when i fix my problem)
500GB HDD @ 7200RPM (16MB Cache)

More about : gfx card dying

a c 153 U Graphics card
July 18, 2010 9:02:37 PM

Your pc restarting randomly sounds like a heating issue.

Does it literally restart as in shut off and come back on by it own?
m
l
July 18, 2010 9:24:24 PM

yes it does, and once in engage in something - Internet, dxdiag. Windows Experience Score -- it Literally Restarts like you stated...
m
l
Related resources
a c 153 U Graphics card
July 18, 2010 10:03:50 PM

There are two things you can do, download Speedfan and see if your temptures are ok.

The second thing is take out the video card, and use another if you have another one that works.
m
l
July 18, 2010 10:19:09 PM

kk ill try those ty
m
l
July 19, 2010 1:14:25 AM

Looks like a possible RAM issue as well. I can see you have different sticks with different timings. Try to get all the sticks running at the exact same settings, at the lowest common denominator.
m
l
July 19, 2010 10:14:11 PM

could be the ram or vid card or both even. which just happened to me. could also be power related from the stuff i read trying to figure mine out. might want to check it to be sure. im pretty sure its the root cause of my memory and vid card both dying at once. never underestimate the ram thing though I had probably 15 different issues as far as blue screens and reboots and just odd errors that cleared up when i replaced the ram. good thing is your getting advice early before you end up with multiple failures like i did.
m
l
!