Weird boot error - bsod at one point

razielonline

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
hi guys, I hope someone can help me.. I am still a newbie when it comes to these things

I recently set-up my new PC (probably only a month old).. I didn't overclock it (as far as I know); I only used ACC feature of the mobo to unlock the cpu to quad core... and set the RAM timings to the ones specified by the manufacturers here:http://www.memoryc.com/products/description/4GB_Team_Elite_DDR3_PC3_10666_1333MHz-9_9_9-Dual_Channel_kit/index.html..coz someone told me to set the timings correctly.

here is my system in case you guys need to know:

PSU: HEC cougar 700W
mobo: Asrock m3a785gm-LE/128M
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE unlocked to X4 B55
GPU: GeForce GTX 295
RAM: 2x2gb Team Elite 1333 ddr3 (dual channel)

MY PROBLEM IS THIS: I'm downloading some torrents and then I left it for about 2 hrs.. when I came back.. this pc went to sleep mode or powersaving mode. When I wake it up.. the whole desktop became laggy..every time I open folders or programs I must wait for a minute before it opens or closes. I then tried restarting..but the shutting down process took too long so I hard reset-ed it. When it restarted.. the boot time is also very long.. I again hard reset-ed it.

Then the system recovery tool showed up and scanned for problems in safe mode.. It suggested a system restore, which I did.. After doing the system restore, my PC won't boot up anymore.

The next reset goes through the windows7 loading screen with the fireflies forming the logo..but after that..the system automatically restarts.. One time I saw a blue screen before it restarts.. but didn't get to read what it says (it restarts immediately).

Several times this message pops out before boot --> reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

I tried a lot of things already...
a. I've gone through the console and typed bootrec.exe/fixmbr and bootrec.exe/fixboot --- didn't solved it
b. Did system restore twice through safe mode --- didn't solved it
c. Checked memory errors through windows recovery tool -- it says no errors found

I'm really lost here.. What should I do guys?

razielonline

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
tnx for your comment anonymous1

I highly doubt it's caused by virus. I just awoken my PC from sleep and then that happened. If you read my post entirely, you won't read any line that says me opening the ones I'm downloading. The download wasn't even complete.

Anyway, I just tried reformatting this and it's now running ok.

What I want to know now is how to prevent this in the future. Is it because of some incompatibilities with my hardware? or software maybe?... Or are there any manufacturing defects? I hope someone can answer me. tnx in advance guys