8800GT Overheating

funk88

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
I have overheating problem with 8800GT. I tired to replace thermal paste, open the case, place an additional cooler to blow into the card. I even tired all that together, but nothing is helping. The card temperature just while looking at the desktop is 76'C, and while playing COD4 goes up to 105'C

lowriderflow

Distinguished
Wow... taht is certainly running hot! FIRST questionn is... have you overclocked the card??? taht's normally the culprit for such increases in heat.

If it's overclocked, then you need to set it back to stock clocks.

funk88

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010

Thanks guys 4 fast respond.

First things first, my english is not too good, so i dont know the meaning of HSF. But i'm not looking into replacing the card as it gives me the best performaces 4 all the things that i need.

Card is not overclocked, and all of it features are on stock settings. I tired to incrase fan speed with riva tuner but the fan i too loud. Additional fan that blows directly into the card is fan that i pulled out from old power supply so i belive it's not too good solution. I know few other people who has the same card and they all have the same problem. I will look into placing new pci slot cooler.

Thank you 4 help, any other ideas are welcome. Thank you again

If there's nothing you can do to make this card run cooler then your card is going bad.
maybe it's time for a new card. If you impressed with 8800GT performance then you will be happy with GTS 250 or even HD5770.
Running more cool and consume about the same power as 8800GT, also MUCH better than 8800GT... :)