HELP. SSD and HD problems

Ahlers

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Help please, my SSD is set in C drive. However the problem is everything automatically installs in the C drive. I know before installing you can choose where you want to install your game, etc, either C or D. What i want to know is how can i make it automatically install stuff on my D drive which is my 1TB HD. Skype is on my SSD which is just a stupid waste of space... Is there anyway i can make my hard drive the C drive? Btw windows is installed on my SSD. Thank you.

Solution
Usually when you download stuff from the internet you are using your web browser, so you have to set a folder in your HDD, where you want your download to be placed.

Depending on your web browser, just go to Option, then go to General Tab, then locate the Downloads, then set it to a folder in your HDD -- you may have to create a folder there, if there isn´t one.

There is no way to set your HDD as the C Drive, as you´ve installed the OS on it, but then you´ll see that it isn´t necessary.

jemm

Distinguished
Usually when you download stuff from the internet you are using your web browser, so you have to set a folder in your HDD, where you want your download to be placed.

Depending on your web browser, just go to Option, then go to General Tab, then locate the Downloads, then set it to a folder in your HDD -- you may have to create a folder there, if there isn´t one.

There is no way to set your HDD as the C Drive, as you´ve installed the OS on it, but then you´ll see that it isn´t necessary.

Solution

Ahlers

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

Thank you. This should help alot now.

TRENDING THREADS