Sign in with
Your question

Mobo burnt, which alternative?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 4, 2011 1:14:02 PM

Hello. Im in a bit of a predictement. Allow me to explain.

My PSU, a corsair hx750w, burnt after a year. Since my pc was still within the store's warranty I sent it back to have it tested and the psu replaced. After replacing the psu for a corsair ax750w the store kept testing my setup during the weekend, which was when the mobo broke. Now I was asked if I wanted a different mobo to replace my old one within the same price range and this is why I am here to ask you guys for suggestions for a mobo with the same specifications than my own or maybe one slightly better within the price range.

My setup is:

Cpu i7 860
Mobo Asus p7p55d-e pro
4gb gskill pc16000 ripjaws cl9
2 1tb hd
Gtx470x
Corsair ax750w
Dvd rw

Thanks

More about : mobo burnt alternative

a c 435 V Motherboard
July 5, 2011 9:14:11 AM

Don't know your options from the vender. I would list them.
July 5, 2011 6:36:17 PM

If it died during their testing, then it is their fault it broke. You should push for a free replacement if they haven't already offered it.
To the question of your new motherboard. Since it is a near 3 year old system, your options aren't very big. I would never suggest a third-party company for a motherboard, so how about this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 75 V Motherboard
July 5, 2011 8:08:03 PM

I would focus on a P55 board from Asus, Gigabyte or MSI they all have good reps and should be able to get you a solid replacement board.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
!