how to delete a file from the startup folder

How do I delete an unwanted file from the list of startup programs.

I have looked at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

and they are empty

Advice would be welcome

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run is where
you want to look.

"campden" <campden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I delete an unwanted file from the list of startup programs.
>
> I have looked at
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder
> and
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
>
> and they are empty
>
> Advice would be welcome

Thanks Jerry, I'll do that