Equivalent replacement for x700 pro in 2010

goldtalonx

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
after some exhaustive researching and tinkering i've determined that my x700 pro is dead. I have a couple of options for replacements to chose from but i can't decide. I found a X850XT on ebay for like 32 bucks but i wonder if i should just wait until i have the cash to pick up something like a HD3650. I have a gig of ram and and athlon xp 3000+ in the system. I play mostly older games. I'd like to be able to play bioshock without the 2.0 shader patch but I also have a subscription for another online game that i just paid for which will probably goto waste if i dont get a replacement soon. not looking to put too much into this system because obviously i cant do much else with it. this just has to be a stopgap until i can afford a full build in a few months. any help is appreciated.

Helltech

Distinguished
With AGP, just go with something cheap, that you can use to play games at low resolutions and start saving to get a new computer. It really doesn't matter what you get since the only decent AGP cards left are overpriced.

goldtalonx

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
thats kinda what i figured. im sure there may be faster cards then the x850 that i could get but im sure its gonna be bottlenecked by the cpu. I figure it should work fine since its about 2 levels higher then the x700 was. im still kinda stuck with older games anyway. i looked around to see what i could get new for the 30 bucks and it was all super budget level crap so i guess ill pick up that x850xt for now.